» Academics at MU
» Academic Schedules
» Extension Services
» Special Credit and Non-Credit Programs
» Office of the Registrar
» Academic Support
How to Earn CEU Credits and Certificates
A common example would be 1 CEU for 10 hours of contact. A two day session of 5 hours per day would equal 1 CEU. A two and a half day conference may equal 1.4 CEUs or 1.3 CEUs dictated by the hours of attendance. The application requires a schedule of the sessions offered, titles of sessions and the speaker's qualifications. This information allows us to determine the credits to be awarded. The hours of attendance, evaluations of sessions, collection of fees, qualifications of trainers, # of hours and session titles are recorded at the conference or seminar site by the applicant overseer.
Participants may receive partial CEU's 1.2 or .7 CEU's. They also may list the title of a 2 hours session to receive a certificate for .2 CEU's as verified by the trainer or overseer.
All information is collected at the site and with names and addresses of the participants; evaluations and checks are collected and sent to the Methodist University Continuing Education Program. All monies are deposited into a CEU account and certificates are printed and mailed directly to the participants.
Our participants include teachers, social workers, and a variety of religious denominations, special speaker's forums and seminars, musicians, Oratorio Singers and Bell Ringers and Christmas Choirs.
Contact: Methodist University
Instructions for Applying for Continuing Education Units
1. This request form is to be used by church and other groups for securing prior approval for workshops or activities that are to carry Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through Methodist University.
2. Submit the following along with the request form:
3. Prior to conducting the workshop/activity, the completed request must be mailed to:
Activities cannot be advertised for CEU credit until approval has been obtained.
4. Each session of a workshop/activity will be conducted under the direct supervision and control of the sponsoring agency.
Receiving the Certificates
Certificates for Continuing Education Units will be awarded at the cost of $10.00 per CEU.
After the close of your workshop/activity, request that the certificates be prepared. To do so, submit the following paperwork to Methodist University:
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Jennifer Mour at (910) 630-7374.
1. Please make as many copies of the Participant Evaluation as you need. Ask each participant wishing CEU credits to complete an evaluation. The Participant Evaluations will not be returned to Methodist University
2. Tally the participant evaluation responses on the Evaluation Summary Report. This page will be returned to us.
3. Clearly type or print each recipient's name and mailing address on the CEU Roster. This page will be returned to us.
4. When you are ready to request that Methodist University mail the CEU certificates, please send the following:
If you have any questions, please telephone Dr. Mour at (910) 630-7374.