Professional Tennis Management
The Professional Tennis Management Program is an academic concentration and, now, a minor through the nationally accredited (ACBSP) Reeves School of Business. The PTM Program allows for students interested in pursuing a career in the tennis industry to earn a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in a business-related field with a concentration in Professional Tennis Management or a B.S. or B.A. in one of the 80+ different majors offered at Methodist University with a minor in PTM.
Students are required to complete the USTA sport science level one competency exam, and must obtain a USPTA certification prior to graduation. PTR certifications and Master Racquet Technician (MRT) certifications are also components of the program. Interactive semester seminars are provided for students by national level speakers. Students are also provided with 100% internship and job placement through the PTM industry network.
We prepare our students to enter into the tennis industry to promote tennis and provide the next generation of tennis players with the appropriate skills to be successful on and off the court. PTM students are put through rigorous course curriculum and player development sessions to ensure that they will be the most qualified individuals entering into the tennis industry.
Why is the Methodist PTM Program the BEST/ ONLY choice for you?
- 100% Job Placement History for Interns
- Paid internships across the United States
- 100% Job Placement History for Graduates
- Professional tennis teaching certifications through the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA), Professional Tennis Registry (PTR), United States Racquet Stringing Association (USRSA)-Master Racquet Technician (MRT), and United States Tennis Association (USTA)
- Player Development Sessions
- Educational seminars by national level speakers
- Professional Tennis Management Student Association (PTMSA)
- Monarch Summit- Annual PTM flagship event
Requirements for the concentration in Business Professional Tennis Management
24 s.h. - PTM 1010, 1200, 1700, 2150, 2700, 3150, 3300, 3700, and 4300; plus six Professional Seminars selected from: PTM 1250, 1260, 2250, 2260, 3250, 3260, 4250, 4260. Students enrolled in the RSB are not eligible for a minor in Professional Tennis Management.
Requirements for a minor in Professional Tennis Management
18 s.h. - 15 s.h. from PTM 1010, 1200, 1700, 2150, 2700, 3150, 3300; plus two courses from: PTM 1250, 1260, 2250, 2260, 3250, 3260, 4250, 4260. A PTM minor may be added to any major that is offered outside the RSB. Acceptance into the PTM program remains the same as a concentration.