Business Professional Tennis Management
The Professional Tennis Management (PTM) Program is an academic concentration through the nationally accredited (ACBSP) Reeves School of Business. PTM is also offered as a minor for students interested in any of the majors that Methodist offers. Finally, our PTM Program is available to college graduates as an 18 credit hour certificate program. The PTM Program allows for students interested in pursuing a career in the tennis industry to earn a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in a business-related field with a concentration in Professional Tennis Management or a B.S. or B.A. in one of the 80+ different majors offered at Methodist University with a minor in PTM.
Students are required to complete the USTA sport science level one competency exam, and must obtain a USPTA certification prior to graduation. PTR certifications and Master Racquet Technician (MRT) certifications are also components of the program. Interactive semester seminars are provided for students by national level speakers. Students are also provided with 100% internship and job placement through the PTM industry network.
We prepare our students to enter into the tennis industry to promote tennis and provide the next generation of tennis players with the appropriate skills to be successful on and off the court. PTM students are put through rigorous course curriculum and player development sessions to ensure that they will be the most qualified individuals entering into the tennis industry.
The Methodist University Professional Tennis Management program will Engage, Enrich, and Empower its students with the necessary skill sets, experience, and network to flourish successfully within the tennis industry as a viable career path.
- To provide the students with current and state-of-the-art applications relevant within the tennis industry.
- To provide the students with the appropriate certifications and qualifications to facilitate employment opportunities.
- To create an enthusiastic, competent, and hands-on learning environment.
- To introduce students to a variety of industry leaders to increase their business contacts and network.
- To improve students' playing and teaching skills through structured player development activities.
The Reeves School of Business is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) to offer a graduate degree in the Professional Master of Business Administration (MBA) and an undergraduate degree with a major and minor, where applicable, in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Economics, and Marketing, and a concentration in Business Health Care Administration, Business PGA Golf Management, Business Professional Tennis Management, Business Resort & Club Management, and Business Sport Management. Accreditation for an undergraduate degree with a major and a minor, where applicable, in Entrepreneurship, Management, Business Sport Management and a minor in Human Resource Management and International Business is in process. ACBSP is a global business accreditation organization that provides specialized accreditation for business degree programs. The accreditation applies to the business programs offered on the main campus.
Why is the Methodist PTM Program the BEST/ ONLY choice for you?
- 100% Job Placement History for Interns
- Paid internships across the United States
- 100% Job Placement History for Graduates
- Professional tennis teaching certifications through the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA), Professional Tennis Registry (PTR), United States Racquet Stringing Association (USRSA)-Master Racquet Technician (MRT), and United States Tennis Association (USTA)
- Player Development Sessions
- Educational seminars by national level speakers
- Professional Tennis Management Student Association (PTMSA)
- Monarch Summit- Annual PTM flagship event
Requirements for the concentration in Business Professional Tennis Management
24 s.h. - PTM 1010, 1200, 1700, 2150, 2700, 3150, 3300, 3700, and 4300; plus six Professional Seminars selected from: PTM 1250, 1260, 2250, 2260, 3250, 3260, 4250, 4260. Students enrolled in the RSB are not eligible for a minor in Professional Tennis Management.
Requirements for a minor in Business Professional Tennis Management
18 s.h. - 15 s.h. from PTM 1010, 1200, 1700, 2150, 2700, 3150, 3300; plus two courses from: PTM 1250, 1260, 2250, 2260, 3250, 3260, 4250, 4260. A PTM minor may be added to any major that is offered outside the RSB. Acceptance into the PTM program remains the same as a concentration.