Welcome to Methodist University!
- Self-reporting grades and curriculum – For freshman applicants who meet our self-reporting minimum requirements, we will continue to make admissions decisions using self-reported GPA, curriculum and test scores. These decisions are contingent upon receipt of official documents for students who enroll in the fall.
- Transcripts and test scores – Because it may be difficult for you to get transcripts or test results, we will accept unofficial documents. You can download .pdf score reports on the College Board and ACT websites and send those to us electronically. If you attend a public school in NC, you can send your transcripts electronically through CFNC.org provided your school uses CFNC (the vast majority of NC public schools do). Other electronic transcript services such as Scribbles, Naviance, Parchment, etc. may be able to still send transcripts as well. We do recommend that you upload these documents on the secure server you can find on Admissions tab in the myMU Portal once your application has been processed.
- Test optional – Methodist University is test-optional in our admissions policy for incoming freshman with a core high school GPA and curriculum which meets standards set forth by the Office of Admissions. The Core GPA is calculated using high school English, math (above Algebra I or equivalent,) science, social science and foreign language courses. Selective academic scholarships require submission of either SAT or ACT scores. All admitted students will be considered for scholarships ranging from $11,500 per year up to $20,000 per year without test scores. Students who are admitted test-optional will have the opportunity to be considered for selective scholarships upon submission of test scores. Minimum requirements for our selective scholarships are a 3.00 or higher cumulative weighted GPA and 22 ACT or 1100 SAT.
- Visit virtually –We have a great virtual campus tour with 360 degree views of most campus facilities. You can find the virtual tour at MU Virtual Tour. Additionally, we have a video tour of a room in each of our residence halls that you can find on our Residence Halls site. Should you have any questions for our admissions staff, we will be available for phone consultations.
- Visit in person – We welcome visitors to our campus and the Office of Admissions. Campus visits are by appointment only and limited to four (4) appointment times per day – 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm. Please see https://www.methodist.edu/visit-campus/ for more information and guidelines.
- Financial aid appeals – Many families are experiencing financial difficulties in this time. If you or your family has experienced loss of employment, dramatic reduction in employment wages or other special circumstances, please visit methodist.edu/financial-aid/special-circumstances and complete the special circumstances appeal process.