Application & Admission Requirements
In order for students to receive quality athletic training experiences, the Athletic Training Program has been designed to be a limited enrollment program and students must compete for admission to the professional phase of the program. Students must be accepted into Methodist University prior to attempting to apply to the Athletic Training Program.
Minimum requirements for admission into the Athletic Training Program include successful completion of the following:
- "C" or better in each of the following courses: ATP 1110 Introduction to Athletic Training and Sports Medicine, ATP 1120 Clinical Methods in Athletic Training, ATP 2200 Basic Athletic Training, and ATP 2850 Kinetic Human Anatomy;
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 in Kinetic Human Anatomy, Introduction to Athletic Training and Sports Medicine, Clinical Methods in Athletic Training and Basic Athletic Training;
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5;
- A physical examination by a qualified physician, clearing the student medically, if one is not already on file with student health services;
- The completion of the online application form (link available through the Program Director). Please do NOT fill in the pdf version and turn it in as your application for admission. The PDF version is for you to know what information will be asked on the application. Admission applications must be submitted using the online link.
- An interview with the Athletic Training Program Admissions Committee during which you will turn in your signed hard copy of the technical standards that is printable below.
Completion of the minimum requirements does not, however, guarantee admission into the program.