The Bookstore is located in the north end of the Berns Student Center. The bookstore sells new, used, and digital textbooks and has a textbook rental option. All textbooks (whether purchased or rented) can be purchased in the store or ordered on-line. Ordering your textbooks on-line, in advance, gives you the choice of picking them up in the store or having them shipped to a home address. The Bookstore also sells school supplies, MU apparel, MU gifts, Follett gift cards, and snacks & drinks.
Purchases can be made by book slip, cash, check, or credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). An actual credit card is required to be presented at time of purchase or you may pay with your phone app. The name imprinted on the card must match the name of the customer presenting the card. All book slips must be issued and approved by the Student Accounts Office at the beginning of each semester or term.
Follett ensures students get materials at the lowest cost possible by price matching against eligible competitors, Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
The hours of operation are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. The store has extended hours during the first two weeks of each new semester and is also open during Saturday home football games.
Extended hours for the first week of rush are Monday & Tuesday 9:00 am - 8:00 pm; Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm; Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. The second week, the hours will be 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday- Friday.
Summer hours are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 9:00 am - 2:00 pm on Friday.
Assistant Store Manager
Toll free: (800) 488-7110, extension is the last 4 of the phone number
Textbook Return Policy
- The last day for textbook refunds with original receipt is one week from the start of classes or within 2 days of purchase thereafter.
- Textbooks purchased during the last week of classes or during final exams are not returnable.
- Shrink-wrapped text sets must be unopened, all enclosures (CDs etc) must be included. Software or access codes included with textbooks must be unopened. If the shrink-wrap has been removed, the set may not be returned.
- “eBook” textbooks are returnable if code/password has not been accessed online.
- We buy back textbooks every day at current market prices – books may be worth more during finals.
Non-Textbook Return Policy
- Non-textbook items may be refunded or exchanged within 30 days of the sale with the original receipt if the merchandise is in salable condition.
- Electronic items such as Flash Drives, Headphones and Computers must be unopened if returned.
- Law & Nursing Reviews and Study Guides are not returnable.
- Gift Cards are not returnable.