MU E-Mail Login Give to MU MU Blackboard Login MU QEP MU on Facebook MU on Twitter MU on YouTube MU Publications on Issuu MU Photosets on Flickr
 » About MU at Ft. Bragg

 » Forms

 » Related Links

MU Home » Academics » Methodist University at Fort Bragg

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I apply to Methodist University
Admission to the University can be done in three simple steps:

  1. Complete an application for evening/summer school enrollment at the Fort Bragg office.
  2. Take the English Placement Exam at the Fort Bragg office. This exam is required of all degree seeking students. It does not need to be scheduled, but appointments are available if needed. The exam is administered Monday-Friday from 0800-1600.
  3. Submit all official transcripts to the Registrar's Office including high school and all colleges/ universities previously attended. Evening students have one semester to submit all transcripts to MU after enrolling.

2. I am active duty and I have never attended school while stationed at Fort Bragg/ Pope Air Force Base. What is my first step?

Any service member who is new to the area or has not previously attended College while on active duty must first register through their respective education centers. After registering at their Education Center, service members should complete the admission requirements stated above.

Active duty soldiers must have an up-to-date Statement of Understanding (SOU) turned into the Education Center. This form can be accessed through the GoArmyEd portal or through the Fort Bragg office and will need to be updated annually. Lower enlisted soldiers must obtain the signature of their Company Commander on the SOU. Soldiers must also ensure that the Education Center has listed Methodist University as their "home College" and that they have selected a degree program.

Pope Education Center
(910) 394- 4692

Base Training and Education Center
4520 Knox Street
Fort Bragg, NC 28310
Wing J: Counseling Services
(910) 396-6721

3. I requested Tuition Assistance on GoArmyEd. Is that all that I have to do to register for class?

No. Registering for courses on GoArmyEd does not guarantee that you will get into a course because GoArmyEd does not reflect the enrollments of students who are not using the portal or pre-requisites required for the course. In some cases, the course you are requesting tuition assistance for may be full. Please consult with a member of the Fort Bragg office staff before requesting Tuition Assistance on GoArmyEd to ensure that your admissions file is complete, the course you are requesting has availability and you do not lack pre-requisites for the course.

4. I am an Air Man and do not use GoArmyEd, how do I submit my Tuition Assistance?

Air Men should consult the Pope Education Center for Tuition Assistance request procedures. Once they obtain a paper copy of their Tuition Assistance authorization request they must submit it to the Fort Bragg office either in person, through fax, or email.

5. I completed my common application on GoArmyEd. Can this application be used for admission to Methodist University?

No, a separate application is required for admission to Methodist University.

6. Is there any financial aid available to service members?

Yes! All active duty service members can take advantage of a discounted tuition rate of only $250 per credit hour for evening, summer and online courses. Service members who have run out of Tuition Assistance through attendance at Methodist University are eligible for up to to three free courses a year! Servicemembers and their dependents may also be eligible for Federal Financial Aid which can be determined by completing a FAFSA application at

7. I am a spouse, do I qualify for any financial aid?

Yes! Spouses of Servicemembers pay grades E1- E5, O1- O2 and W1- W2 may be eligible for up to $4,000 in Tuition Assistance through the MYCAA program. Spouses must be in pursuit of an Associate’s degree in a high demand field. Interested spouses should register for a MYCAA account at

MyCAA accounts can be created at

8. I am a Veteran, am I eligible for financial aid at Methodist University?

Yes. Veterans using the Post 911 GI Bill attending Methodist as full-time students qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program. Through the Yellow Ribbon Program, Veterans pay no out-of-pocket tuition costs. Contact our Veteran Services Representative, at (910) 630-7174 for more information.

9. How do I receive credit for my military experience?

Servicemembers can receive credit for their military training and experience by submitting a Joint Service Transcript through the following link:

The Joint Service Transcript will be officially evaluated for credit after the successful completion of 6 s.h. and after the Servicemember has submitted all official transcripts to Methodist University.

10. I plan on attending Methodist as an evening student, but I would like to know what transfer credits I will receive prior to enrolling. Is this possible?

While it is not possible to evaluate evening students until they have been accepted and complete six semester hours, students can receive guidance on what to expect in terms of transfer credit from the Fort Bragg Office. The Fort Bragg Office can conduct an unofficial evaluation and give students an idea of what credits will and will not transfer to Methodist based on our transfer credit policies. Students must keep in mind that an unofficial evaluation is not a guarantee of credit acceptance. Credits are not guaranteed until the Registrar's Office conducts an official evaluation of credit from outside sources.

11. I am a Veteran, can I be serviced at the Fort Bragg office?

Yes. While Veterans using GI Bill benefits must contact our Veteran Services Representative, at (910) 630-7174, the Fort Bragg office can assist Veterans with applying to the University, and course advisement.

12. How do I obtain a SOCAD degree plan?

Once you have been officially accepted to Methodist University and your transcripts have been officially evaluated for potential transfer credit you can obtain a SOCAD degree plan by contacting the Director of Fort Bragg, Yasmin Rivera, at

13. Once my school creates a SOCAD for me will I ever need another one?

No, you only need one SOCAD degree plan per school and will not need another one unless you change your degree plan or transfer to a new school.

14. I am active duty and I am unable to complete my course due to military obligations. What should I do?

Under certain circumstances, active duty service members are eligible to request a Military Drop. Examples of circumstances that may warrant a military drop include, but are not limited to, unanticipated duty; death in the family; hospitalization; deployment; etc. If you should need to drop your course under any of these circumstances, contact the Fort Bragg office for guidance on how to successfully request a military drop. As part of the Military drop process you will be required to submit a memorandum from your Company Commander explaining the purpose of the drop. A sample copy of this memorandum can be found under the forms link on this webpage. Students who requested Tuition Assistance via the GoArmyEd portal will also have to request a military drop on the portal before the last day of their course.