Home » Academics
School of Business
Description: The Methodist University Accounting Club is the gathering of accounting and non-accounting majors interested in accounting issues. The club invites speakers to visit the campus and talk to students about their accounting background, experience and expertise. It is a good source of first-hand information about the accounting profession
The Accounting Club meets at least once per month - check the Accounting Club Blackboard site or email a co-advisor for the next scheduled meeting.
- To bring together students who are interested in the field of accounting and wish to extend that interest beyond the classroom environment.
- To bring these students a broader awareness of the different types of accounting within the business community, their functions and the business environment surrounding each.
- To assist students in acquiring a thorough knowledge of the problems facing accountants, the current issues in accounting and the future in accounting.
- To bring those majoring in accounting into closer contact with accounting associations, accounting businesses and practicing accountants so that they will have a greater knowledge of the career opportunities in the Fayetteville and surrounding areas.
- To provide hands on experience for students on tax preparation through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.
- To provide community service and engagement through participation in the CPA Day of Service and other volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- Accounting Related Trips which have included trips to Washington DC to the GAO and the Treasury; New York City, NY to the Financial District, Federal Reserve, Museum of American Finance; and the Institute of Management Accountants Student Leadership Conference in the United States.
- Participation in the CPA Day of Service Volunteer Activities
- Networking Events through the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Fund Raisers
- Guest Speakers to include Certified Public Accountants and Becker Professional Education
- Social Events
- Assist Students with Internships and Job Placement
Membership Costs: No Cost
Co-Advisor: Dena Breece,
work phone (910) 630-7275
Co-Advisor: Pamela Lauchengco,
work phone (910) 630-7586
News, Information and Links:
The official AICPA CPA Exam Website
The North Carolina State Board of Certified Public Accountant Examiners Website for information regarding license requirements in North Carolina
The official IMA Website
The North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants -- "The CPA: Never Underestimate The Value."
National Society of Accountants
Institute of Management Accountants for Students
Institute of Internal Auditors for Students
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners for Students