MU E-Mail Login Give to MU MU Blackboard Login MU QEP MU on Facebook MU on Twitter MU on YouTube MU Publications on Issuu MU Photosets on Flickr

 » About the Center

 » Our Services

 » Related Links

MU Home » Student Affairs » Center for Personal Development

Counseling, Psychological and Accessibility Resources
in the Center for Personal Development

The Center for Personal Development
Pearce Hall
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

The Center for Personal Development is here to help students become successful in their college life, in relationships and in everyday life. Individuals who are seeking to meet their highest potential are those who take advantage of the opportunities that the Center for Personal Development offers. Services include:

Counseling and Psychological Services

Life as a college student demands personal strengths and problem-solving skills. Nearly every college student experiences a time when more strength and skill is needed. Counseling and Psychological Services provides confidential psychotherapy and individual problem solving counseling which provides and teaches the necessary strengths and skills. Any problem that is of concern to a student is an appropriate problem to bring to the counseling center. Professional psychotherapy, mental health counseling, learning disability consultation and addictions treatment are also available without charge. Please call (910) 630-7150 to make an appointment. Further information is located in the Counseling and Psychological Services link under Our Services.

Accessibility Resources/Disability Services

The Accessibility Resources/Disability Services Office is here to make sure that every student has an equal opportunity to achieve their goals. Our Director for Accessibility Resources/Disability Services, Linda Szulc, works with each student to ensure that their needs are met to the best of our ability. Please contact Ms. Szulc at 910-630-7402 or email Further information is located in the Accessibility Resources/Disability Services link under Our Services.

Temporary Disability

In the event of an injury resulting in a temporary physical disability, the student must present a medical note to the Health Clinic office located in West Hall. Our nurse will direct the student to Public Safety at (910) 630-7149. The university does not provide mobility equipment. However, an injured student is permitted to rent an electric wheelchair or scooter to be used to navigate on campus. In no case are students permitted to bring golf carts on campus for personal use.