Objectives & Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
We prepare our graduates to:
- Engage in lifelong learning through varied work assignments, advanced degrees, professional training programs, conference participation, and independent study to continually adapt to changes in technology, industry standards, and the global economy.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and innovation when creating designs, solving problems, and managing systems through the use of appropriate analytical, computational, and experimental practices.
- Work effectively on teams that may include members outside the discipline and take on leadership roles within the team and/or company.
- Communicate ideas effectively with team members, stakeholders, and customers.
- Understand the economic, societal, and ethical impacts of their decisions, demonstrate a commitment to uphold engineering and ethical standards, and exhibit a service to the profession and community.
Program Student Outcomes
- Students will be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Students will be able to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Students will be able to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Students will be able to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Students will be able to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Students will be able to understand their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively.
- Students will have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Students will recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Students be knowledgeable of contemporary issues related to their professional careers.
- Students will be able to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.