» The Faculty
» Administrative Staff
» Administrative Offices
» Related Links
Plan an On-campus Event
The following information is for Methodist University faculty and staff only. If you are an off-campus group wishing to book facility space, please visit our University Relations page for more information.
Facilities Scheduling Policy & Procedures
Methodist University has a University Calendar that lists every official event on campus. This calendar is located on MUNet and is under the rubric of "Campus Calendar and Event Planner." Checking this calendar daily will keep you informed about events and activities occurring at Methodist University.
Please note the following procedure for reserving dates on the Methodist
University Calendar and securing facilities to support your programs.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
1. Methodist University facilities in all areas are reserved first for institutional activities, including, but not limited to, scheduled classes, University convocations, University graduations, ensemble rehearsals, concerts, theatre productions, and student programming. During the academic year all campus facilities are for the primary use and enjoyment of students, faculty, and staff. Scheduling of space during the academic year must be initiated by an academic department, administrative office, or Methodist University recognized student organization.
2. When University facilities and grounds are not in use for institutional activities, they may be scheduled by University departments and student organizations for campus events and activities that engage the Methodist University community and general public.
3. When facilities are not in use by Methodist University for purposes listed above, these facilities may be made available on a rental basis.
4. Faculty, staff, and students may rent facilities at a reduced non-profit rate. For more information regarding facility pricing, please contact Chris Carter, the University Relations Event Coordinator at x7062.
5. No faculty, staff, or students will be charged a facility fee for a Methodist University sponsored event that is directly related to campus activities. The sponsoring group or individual will be held financially responsible for the costs of repairs if Methodist University equipment or property is damaged. If an event requires special arrangements from maintenance or public safety, the sponsoring organization will be charged accordingly.
General Classroom & Classroom Auditorium Reservations
1. Classroom space will only be reserved for the current semester in order to ensure that adequate space is confirmed for the upcoming semester's classes.
2. Any Methodist University faculty, staff, or student who wishes to reserve classroom space on the University Calendar must request the venue and date through MUNet's "Campus Calendar and Event Planner." A PHONE CALL OR PERSONAL EMAIL IS NOT AN OFFICIAL REQUEST.
3. The Registrar's Office will send a confirmation or conflict e-mail within two business days of the receipt of the venue request. No reservation for any facility is complete until you receive a confirmation memo. Please follow up with the Registrar's Office if you have not received a confirmation within two business days at ext. 7318.
Meeting Spaces, Outdoor Venues & Athletic Facilities
1. The event sponsor must first consult the MUNet Campus Calendar and Event Planner to ascertain whether the proposed event is in conflict with other activities planned for that date, time, or facility.
2. If the date and space are open, the event sponsor must complete a venue request, which can be found under the MUNet Campus Calendar and Event Planner tab. A PHONE CALL OR PERSONAL EMAIL IS NOT AN OFFICIAL REQUEST.
3. The University Relations Event Coordinator will send a confirmation or conflict e-mail within two business days of the receipt of the venue request. No reservation for any facility is complete until you receive a confirmation memo. Please follow up with the University Relations Event Coordinator if you have not received a confirmation within two business days at ext. 7062.
Event Planning Notes
1. IF A SETUP IS NEEDED, THE PERSON REQUESTING THE VENUE IS REQUIRED TO CONTACT MAINTENANCE AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT. This can be completed by downloading the maintenance event setup request under the "Forms and Documentation" tab in MUNet, then faxing the completed request to maintenance at (910) 630-7197. If any questions arise for Maintenance, please contact maintenance directly at ext. 7199.
2. If a sound system is needed for your event, the person making the reservation is required to contact Cliff Wells at ext. 7111. Please coordinate sound requirements at least two weeks prior to the event.
3. For food service items (meals, refreshments, and table cloths) the person requesting the venue is required to contact Aramark directly. Aramark can be reached at (910) 488-2104. Aramark will bill each group individually for their food and linen requests.
4. If you have received an event confirmation memo and would like to place your event on the Methodist University website, please e-mail the Webmaster directly at The webmaster will review each event individually prior to adding the event to the Methodist University website. Please include the following information for consideration:
5. IF YOU NEED TO RESCHEDULE OR CANCEL YOUR EVENT, the person making the reservation is required to call the University Relations Event Coordinator at ext. 7062 and Maintenance at ext. 7199 if the meeting to release the facility reservation and ensure that maintenance does not set up for an event that is not taking place.
6. Below is a list of facilities that require special booking instructions. Please call the contact person listed below directly for reserving the following facilities:
7. If you would like to have campus maps printed with directions and
parking lots highlighted for your event, please contact Mike
Harrison in Monarch Press at ext 7061. Please notify Monarch Press
at least two weeks prior to your event. Individual departments will be