» About Monarch
» Related Links
Home » Academics
Center for Undergraduate Research and Creativity »
Monarch Review publishes both creative and
scholarly achievements! If you are interested in participating, please
email your work to
by January 13, 2014.
Monarch Review will accept paintings, photographs, and other
forms of visual art; musical compositions; music recitals; and videos
of dance or theater performances.
Monarch Review will not accept creative literature (poems, stories,
written plays, etc.) However, submission of creative literature to Tapestry
is encouraged (contact the editor of Tapestry at
- Paintings, photographs and other visual arts must be no larger than
900 x 900 pixels and no smaller than 400 x 400 pixels. Please submit
your work in a .jpg or a .gif format.
- Musical compositions must be scanned and submitted as a .pdf file.
- Music recitals may be no longer than 7 minutes. They can be submitted
as a .mp3, .mp4, .wmv, or .WAV format.
- Dance or theatre performances may be no longer than 7 minutes. They
may be submitted as .mp4 or .vlc files.
All work must either be original or an original interpretation of a pre-existing
work. The work must be submitted by the artist. If your creative work
does not fall under any of the parameters listed above, please feel free
with your questions.
- All works must be submitted electronically in .doc or .docx form to
- Works must conform to the standard style of your paper's discipline
(MLA, APA, Chicago, etc).
- Works must be fewer than 6,000 words long and be in 12-point Times
New Roman or 11-point Calibri font.
- Any figures, charts, graphs or pictures must be submitted in a separate
file in .jpg format. These figures will be printed in black and white,
so you should take care that they are still legible and informative
without color. You must clearly indicate where to insert those figures
in the body of text.
- Ex: This is an example text to show how I should indicate where
a figure goes in my paper (Insert FIGURE ONE).
- It is highly recommended that you schedule a consultation with a
Writing Consultant at the Writing Center prior to submission.
- Students concerned about dual publication are advised to submit a
research news report in lieu of a complete research paper.
For both creative and scholarly works, in addition to electronic submission,
you must fill out the Student
and Faculty Agreement Form, print it out, obtain all signatures, and
turn the form in to the Writing Center.
Congratulations! Your application for Monarch Review is complete!