The Monarch Review publishes both creative and scholarly achievements by MU undergraduates. If you are interested in being considered for publication, please email your work to email@example.com after October 1 and no later than January 31.
The Monarch Review will accept paintings, photographs, and other forms of visual art; musical compositions; audio files of music recitals; and videos of dance or theater performances.
The Monarch Review will not accept creative literature (poems, stories, play scripts, etc.). However, submission of creative texts to Tapestry is encouraged. Contact Tapestry’s student editor, Christopher Gogo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paintings, photographs, and other visual images should be formatted at 300 dpi for an 8 inch by 10 inch reproduction. Alternatively, submit the richest data file you have available. Please submit your work in a .jpg or a .gif format.
- Musical compositions must be scanned and submitted as a .pdf file.
- Music recitals may not exceed 7 minutes and can be submitted in .mp3, .mp4, .wmv, or .WAV format.
- Dance or theater performances may not exceed 7 minutes. They may be submitted as .mp4 or .vlc files.
All work must be either original or an original interpretation of a pre-existing work. The work must be submitted by the artist. If your creative work does not fall under any of the parameters listed above, please feel free to email email@example.com with your questions.
For both creative and scholarly works, in addition to electronic submission, you must have a faculty sponsor and submit the Student and Faculty Agreement Form to the Writing Center.
The Monarch Review accepts research papers, critical essays, and research and literature reviews.
- Submit all works electronically in doc or .docx form.
- Works must conform to the standard style of your paper’s discipline (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc).
- Works must be fewer than 6,000 words and be in 12-pt Times New Roman or 11-pt Calibri font.
- Figures, charts, graphs or pictures must be submitted in .jpg format in a separate file. All images will be printed in black and white, so take care that they are still legible and informative without color. Clearly indicate where to insert each figure in the body of your text.
- Ex: This sample text shows how to indicate where a figure goes in your paper (Insert FIGURE ONE).
- It is highly recommended that you have a consultation with a writing consultant at the Writing Center prior to submission.
- Students concerned about dual publication are advised to submit a research news report in lieu of a complete research paper.
- Research papers written for ENG 1010 generally do not meet the journal's standards and are not eligible for submission without prior authorization from the senior student editor or the coordinator.
For any additional questions, contact Managing Editor Baylor Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your submission to the Monarch Review.