» About Nimocks
» Related Links
Home » Student
Affairs » Nimocks
- Members (students, faculty, and staff) must present their current
MU ID to access the fitness center each visit. (NO ID = NO ENTRY)
- All participants are required to comply with the Nimocks Fitness
Center staff's directives regarding enforcement of policies related
to safety, programming, and exercise techniques.
- No stereo equipment (or music) without earphones.
- No food or drinks (EXCEPT WATER) allowed beyond the welcome desk.
- No hanging or grabbing the basketball rims. Dunking is not allowed!
- No kicking balls (soccer, basketball, volleyballs, or others) indoors.
- Fighting, shoving, pushing and acts of aggression are prohibited.
- The emergency exits are for emergency use only.
- Profanity is not allowed.
- The use of the facility is for all students, faculty, and staff.
The facility and equipment is for general student use. Any non-CRIMP
programming, practices, or activities should be scheduled through CRIMP
Be Safe. Be Smart. Have Fun.
Proper athletic/fitness dress and footwear must be worn for the gym area.
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waistline.
- T-shirt or tank top must be worn at all times.
- Basketballs and volleyballs may be checked out from the Welcome Desk
in exchange for your MU ID.
- Equipment may not be taken out of the Center and must be turned in
by the end of the day.
- Replace all equipment and dumbbells to their original storage place.
The Nimocks Fitness Center is not responsible for personal items. Valuables
should be secured in lockers in locker room for protection.
- Lockers are available on first come, first served basis.
- User must supply his/her own lock.
- The Nimocks Fitness Center is not responsible for any personal items
placed in the locker.
- All lockers must be cleared out when each individual leaves the Nimocks
Fitness Center; all items left in the locker will be discarded after
- The following items are not allowed in any locker: Illegal substances,
weapons and food.
Members (current MU students, faculty, and staff with valid MU ID) may
bring one (1) guest per visit. Please keep in mind that members are responsible
for the conduct of their guests and will be held personally responsible
for compliance with all policies and procedures by their guests. Guests
must be accompanied by a member at all times.
- Guests must show a photo ID, complete the guest registration, and
sign the guest waiver.
- Guest IDs must be left at the welcome desk and will be returned when
the individual leaves the facility.
- Guests must be 16 years of age or older to use equipment and basketball
court area (including playing basketball or volleyball), and must follow
all policies and regulations of the Nimocks Fitness Center. For liability
purposes, children (ages 15 and under) must remain in the lobby.
- Guests found in violation of any policies will be removed from the
facility immediately, potentially banned, and may cause their host member
to lose their guest privileges. In addition, host members can be charged
with any violations where guests are involved or responsible.