Nursing Program Overview
The mission of the MU Nursing Program is to educate nursing students to be professional, competent, and caring nurses who can think critically, communicate with compassion, and contribute to positive health outcomes for the people they serve.
The MU Nursing Program will provide a learning community of holism which promotes a partnership among administration, faculty, students, nurses, and community associates.
- Empowerment - Promote human flourishing empowered by shared values, refection, compassion and clarity.
- Teamwork - Recognize the importance of and participation in teamwork while upholding respect for the individual.
- Balance - Endeavor to provide balance through a holistic approach of mind, body and spirit for the health and well-being of ourselves and the people we serve.
- Compassion - Build relationships within the healthcare community through the integral value of compassion for the overall delivery of holistic care to our patients.
- Excellence - Quality that surpasses ordinary or regular performance; strive to achieve excellent performance in scholarship and performance in all areas with diligence and perseverance.
- Global perspective - We aim to create a learning community that embraces cultural diversity and promotes social and environmental justice.
- Integrity - All decisions, actions, and behaviors are based on honesty, trust, fairness, and the highest ethical standards. We will strive to maintain integrity with consistent regard and attention to internal and financial accuracy and truthfulness.
- Wisdom - Through knowledge, deep understanding, and introspection, we are committed to providing our students with learning experiences that help them attain sound nursing judgment.
B.S.N. Program Outcome Goals
- To provide the necessary education for entry level nursing students to successfully achieve a B.S. in Nursing
- To prepare nursing students to pass the National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN) upon their first attempt
- To prepare entry level B.S.N. graduates to contribute needed nursing talent in the face of a world-wide nursing shortage
- To prepare entry level registered nurses who sustain a career as a nurse past the national rate of RN attrition during year one of employment