» About the
» Prospective Students
» Current Students
» Related Links
Home » Academics
of Health Sciences » Professional
Choose MU Nursing?
Nursing is a field that is projected to grow at astounding rates over
the next decade. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Employment
Projections 2012-2022 released in December 2013, Registered Nursing (RN)
is listed among the top occupations in terms of job growth through 2022.
The RN workforce is expected to grow from 2.71 million in 2012 to 3.24
million in 2022, an increase of 526,800 or 19%. The Bureau also projects
the need for 525,000 replacement nurses in the workforce bringing the
total number of job openings for nurses due to growth and replacements
to 1.05 million by 2022. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/ecopro.t08.htm.
Our program is designed to help meet these challenges by preparing you
for a rewarding career as a health care professional.
The BSN Advantage
Graduates from Methodist University and the Professional Nursing Studies
Program earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and are eligible
to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses
(NCLEX-RN). Earning a BSN immediately opens the gateway to an advanced
degree in nursing such as a nurse practitioner (NP), nurse anesthetist
(CRNA), nurse leader, or a nurse educator. Recognition, merit-based salary
increases, clinical ladder progression, and promotions in most hospitals
rely on the completion of a BSN.
The Methodist University Advantage
- We have outstanding Nursing faculty who are proven nurse educators.
- We embrace students as part of a learning community.
- We offer a broad foundation in the sciences and a liberal arts core.
- We include NCLEX-RN predictive testing and a face-to-face review.
- We offer exposure to nursing immersion experiences.
- Students in the MU Nursing Program have the opportunity to consider
athletics, fraternity and sorority life, international and national
cultural experiences, and professional nursing student organization
membership (MU Nursing club, National Association of Nursing Students).
Please use the tool bar on the left, or
view the documents posted on the right, to learn more about our program.
Methodist University Nursing program applications for fall 2015 are now open. The application deadline is February 1st. Click here to download an application packet or stop by the Professional Nursing Studies Building for a copy.
If you'd like more information on how to apply, plan on attending one of the following information sessions:
- Thursday, 11/13/14, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m., Nursing Auditorium, room 103
- Monday, 12/15/14, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m., Nursing Auditorium, room 103
- Tuesday, 1/13/15, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon, Nursing Auditorium, room 103
2011 MU Today
featuring MU Nursing!