Fieldwork Affiliation Documents
Level I Forms
Level II Forms
- MU Level II Fieldwork Minimum Objectives
- Fieldwork Experience Assessment Tool (FEAT) - Optional problem solving/discussion form
- Sample of Fieldwork Weekly Activities
- MU Level II OT Fieldwork Learning Contract - Optional form
- MU Level II Fieldwork Weekly Review Form - Optional feedback form
- Fieldwork Performance Evaluation Form - Sample form to review only.
Fieldwork Resources for Students
- Answers to Your Fieldwork Questions (FAQ)
- Top 9 Things You Should Know Before Transitioning From the Classroom to Level II Fieldwork
- 5 Skills to Master in an Acute Care Fieldwork Setting
- 5 Tips for Relocating for Your Fieldwork
Fieldwork Educator Tools
- Self-Assessment Tool for Fieldwork Educator Competency (SAFE) - A self-reflection tool
- Grasha-Riechmann Teaching Style Survey
- Checklist for Difficult Conversations
- How to Master Crucial Conversations
OT Fieldwork Literature
American Occupational Therapy Association. (2012). Fieldwork Level II and Occupational Therapy Students: A Position Paper. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 66, S75-S77. doi:10.5014/ajot.2012.66S75. http://ajot.aota.org/article.aspx?articleid=1853051
Evenson, M. E., Roberts, M., Kaldenberg, J., Barnes, M. A., & Ozelie, R. (2015). Brief Report—National survey of fieldwork educators: Implications for occupational therapy education. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 69 (Suppl. 2), 6912350020.
Hanson, D. J. (2011). The Perspectives of Fieldwork Educators Regarding Level II Fieldwork Students, Occupational Therapy In Health Care, 25:2-3, 164-177.
Haynes, C. J. (2011). Active Participation in Level I Fieldwork: Fieldwork Educator and Student -Perceptions. Occupational Therapy In Health Care, 25:4, 257-269.
James, K. L., Musselman, L. (2006). Commonalities in Level II Fieldwork Failure. Occupational Therapy In Health Care, 19:4, 67-81.
Kramer, P., Stern, K. (1995). Approaches to Improving Student Performance on Fieldwork. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 49 (2), 156-159.
Ozelie, R., Janow, J., Kreutz, C., Mulry, M.K., & Penkala, A. (2015). Supervision of occupational therapy level II fieldwork students: Impact on and predictors of clinician productivity. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 69 (1), 6901260010.
Thomas, Y., Dickson, D., Broadbridge, J., Hopper, L., Hawkins, R., Edwards, A., & McBryde, C. (2007). Benefits and challenges of supervising OT students. Australian Occupational Therapy Journal 54, S2–S12.