Policies for Prospective Physician Assistant Students
The following are policies that prospective students should be aware of prior to applying to the program:
- The program does not have a deceleration program available for enrolled students. Click here to review the program’s curriculum, academic and graduation requirements.
- Due to the demands of the program, enrolled students are prohibited from working.
- Refund/Repayment policy on withdrawals from the program
- Students withdrawing from the Physician Assistant Program will be responsible for payment of tuition as follows: Time of Withdrawal (15 week semester)
- Week: Refund Amount
- 1 – 4: 90%
- 5 – 8: 60%
- 7 – 12: 30%
- >12: 0%
- Students withdrawing from the University or those reducing their course load below a certain level will be subject to a reduction or cancellation of their financial aid. Withdrawing students are subject to refunding of financial aid monies to the sources from which the funding was received, according to the provisions of the Higher Education Amendments of 1998 for calculating the return of unearned Title IV funds. Any remaining funds are returned to the student. For details, contact the Office of Financial Aid. This policy may be found in the Methodist University Graduate Academic Catalogue.
- School of Health Sciences Policy on Disability and Accommodations Testing
Additional policies are available via the Academic Catalogue and Didactic and Clinical Manuals. Didactic and Clinical Manuals are only made available to enrolled students.