PTM Mission, Goals & Accreditation
The Methodist University Professional Tennis Management program will Engage, Enrich, and Empower its students with the necessary skill sets, experience, and network to flourish successfully within the tennis industry as a viable career path. Our program emphasizes moral values and ethical decision making in all courses and activities.
- Students will earn the appropriate certifications and qualifications to facilitate employment opportunities.
- Students will experience a hands-on learning environment.
- Students will network with a wide variety of industry leaders to increase their business contacts.
- Students will develop their playing and teaching skills through structured on court activities.
- Students will utilize current and state-of-the-art applications relevant within the tennis industry.
The Reeves School of Business is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) to offer the following degrees: the Professional Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) with a focus in Organizational Management and Leadership, the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Accounting, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Financial Economics, Management, Marketing, and Sport Management. Additionally, a minor in Accounting; Business Administration; Entrepreneurship; Financial Economics; Human Resource Management; International Business; Management; Marketing; Professional Tennis Management; Resort, Club, and Hospitality Management; and Sport Management is accredited. Finally, a B.S. degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Economics or Marketing with a PGA Golf Management Concentration; Professional Tennis Management; Resort, Club, and Hospitality Management; and Sport Management Concentration is accredited.