Methodist University Purchases King's Grant Golf Course

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JANUARY 18, 2007
MARIA SIKORYAK-ROBINS
DIRECTOR OF UNIVERSITY PUBLICATIONS

FAYETTEVILLE, NC—Methodist University closed sale today on King’s Grant Golf Course. The University will now take ownership of 51 percent of the course and the members of King’s Grant will hold the other 49 percent. The course will be run by King’s Grant Golf Management, an LLC wholly owned by Methodist University.

Methodist University currently houses one of the premier Professional Golf Management programs in the country. This year the PGA of America approved an enrollment increase from 300 to 400 for all PGM programs. Of the more than 20 PGA-approved schools, Methodist University is one of the few in a position to take advantage of this opportunity.

“These additional students will require additional laboratory (golf course) and practice facilities. Fortunately, just as this opportunity for growth in the PGM program arose, the golf course at King’s Grant became available for purchase,” said Dr. Elton Hendricks, president of Methodist University.

On Dec. 19, 2006, the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees by a unanimous vote authorized Methodist University to purchase a controlling interest in the King’s Grant Golf Course.

Methodist University is Fayetteville’s only independent, four-year institution of higher education. The University enrolls 2,147 students from 41 states and 30 countries. For more information please contact the Office of University Relations at (910) 630-7043.

© 2007 Methodist University, 5400 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC 28311 USA