» Center for Undergraduate Research
» The MU Journey
Home » The
MU Journey » Center
for Undergraduate Research and Creativity »
Chair, Department of Health Care Administration
Professor of Health Care Administration
Phone: (910) 630-7116
Department of Health Care Administration
5400 Ramsey Street
Fayetteville, NC 28311
- Post-Doctoral- Institute for Management and Leadership in Higher Education, Harvard University
- Ph.D.- Health Sciences, Touro University
- MA, Health Care Management, Norwich University
- MAEd.- East Carolina University
- BA- Management, Eckerd College
- AAS- Opticianry, Durham Technical College
- Graduate Certificate-Health Care Risk Management, University of Florida.
Undergraduate Teaching Areas
- Health Care Administration, Graduate and Undergraduate
Current research interests include non-traditional and distance learning techniques in the health sciences, and on the development of advanced level education and training programs for students in the health sciences.
Specific Health Administration Research interests include:
- Health Care Marketing
- Effective Practice Management
- Organizational Transition and Change
- Strategic Management
- Strategy Development for the Optical Industry and Beyond, 2011, Opticians Association of America, Memphis (with Professor Michael Wayland).
- Transforming Education in Health Care Administration and Opticianry. Advances in Higher Education and Professional Development. IGI Global (expected publication, 2015).
- Strategic Analysis for the Healthcare Industry (With M. Wayland). Health Administration Press (expected publication, 2015).
Additional Publications (partial list)
- Dual Enrollment at Fayetteville State University; A Case Study. Proceeds of the UNC Teaching and Learning with Technology Conference 2006.
- Using authorPOINT Lecturing Software to Improve Administrator Evaluations of Faculty Teaching. Proceeds of the UNC Teaching and Learning with Technology Conference 2006
- Competitive Strategies for the Independent Eye Care Professional. Eye Care Professional Magazine, October 2007.
The American Optician; Where Do We Go From Here? Eye Care Professional Magazine, November 2007- April 2008 (7-part series).
- The Competitive Advantage. Eye Care Professional Magazine. November 2008-March 2009 (5-part series).