July 8-13, 2019
Methodist University's music department is proud to sponsor Summerjam! music camp, now in its 32nd year! Our beautiful 617-acre campus is located 5 miles off I-95 and just 10 minutes from Fayetteville, our three-time Hall of Fame All-American City.
Methodist University Summerjam! is open to all musicians ages 11-18 who want to enhance their musicianship and interact with other students from across the state and region. In order to have the best possible camp experience, instrumental and vocal students need to have had at least one full year of prior instruction or experience in music. Students develop their music skills through large ensemble participation, master classes, lessons, academic classes, and concerts.
Our camp faculty consists primarily of MU music professors with support staff made up of area music teachers and MU music students. Music ensembles make up the main part of the day schedule (Band, Chorus, Orchestra, and Piano) along with additional elective classes. A full of list of elective choices and an elective preference sheet will be provided after you are registered and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Evening activities provide our campers with a chance to relax and socialize with their fellow musicians. Each night there is a free activity, movie night, volleyball, ice cream social, talent show, or a faculty concert.
Residential & Day Camp Options
The residential camp includes staying in the residence halls from Monday morning's check-in until Saturday's noon check-out. Meals will be included in this package. The day camp will also start on Monday, but day campers will only be provided a lunch. They will also perform in the grand finale concert on Saturday morning.
Please check back for costs for Summerjam! 2019, which will be determined this fall.
Due Dates for Registration
- Non-refundable deposit of $100 to secure place at camp is due by June 1, 2019.
- Full tuition payment is due by June 15.
- After June 15, late registration fees apply. The total cost of day camp will be $200 and total cost of residential camp will be $400.
- June 29 is the final deadline for registration for camp. After June 29, all fees are non-refundable.
- Checks should be made payable to MU Summerjam! 2019, and must be fully paid before attending camp.
- Summer Jam fees are non-transferable to other MU camps.