Monarch Tutoring Center
Davis Memorial Library
Quincy Malloy, Director
The Monarch Tutoring Center (MTC) provides free tutoring services, study skills coaching, and academic support for all Methodist University undergraduate students.
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Thursday: 1-4 p.m. and 6-9 p.m.
- Sunday: 1-4 p.m.
Contact Quincy Malloy at (910) 630-7151 to schedule an appointment.
- General Tutoring Schedule (updated Jan. 29, 2018)
- Foreign Language Tutoring Schedule (updated Jan. 29, 2018)
- Math Supplemental Instruction Schedule (updated Jan. 29, 2018)
The mission of the Monarch Tutoring Center is to offer all undergraduate students at Methodist University the opportunity to strengthen their academic performance through the utilization of tutoring services.
Monarch Tutoring Center Goals
- To offer excellent tutoring sessions to all students who request this service
- To seek opportunities to increase student awareness and usage of tutoring service
Monarch Peer Tutors
Peer tutors are students at Methodist University who are upperclassmen with strong performance records in specific disciplines. All peer tutors have a 3.0 GPA or higher with no grade lower than a B in their tutoring subject area. In addition, peer tutors have been recommended to the Monarch Tutoring Center by faculty members in their area.
Students may come to the chosen location at any time the schedule indicates that tutoring is available. No appointments are necessary. Students should bring books and applicable supplementary materials. Exam week exception: Please call ahead to confirm the tutoring schedule.