- Words to the Wise
We strongly recommend this playful podcast series titled "What Reality Television Can Teach Us about Writing" from Kennesaw State University and The Georgia Writers Association. Learn how "The Bachelor" can teach us about selecting a topic for a research paper, "Mythbusters" can help us understand how to create a thesis statement, and "Mob Wives" can explain why it’s so important to cite sources.
- Purdue's Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- MLA (Modern Language Association)
- APA (American Psychological Association)
Grammar & Style
- The Little, Brown Handbook
This website is an online companion for the Little, Brown Handbook and offers grammar, usage, and style exercises, sample student papers, video tutorials, and general writing advice.
- Refdesk.com's Grammar, Usage and Style
This website provides an alphabetized list of online writing resources that cover grammar, usage, and/or style.
- Elements of Style, by William Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White
This website offers an online version of the classic handbook Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White. Navigate the table of contents provided to access specific sections of the book.
- Grammar Girl: Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing
This website explores grammar, punctuation, word choice, and style through weekly blog posts.
This website offers weekly blog posts covering such topics as grammar, etymology, and usage.