The Writing Center
Home » Academics
If you're new to the Writing Center (or haven't visited
in a while), we encourage you either to stop by Davis Memorial Library,
Room 111 to speak with a consultant about our services or to schedule
an appointment today. The best way to become familiar with the Writing
Center is to experience it. In the meantime, click on the links below
for information on the services we offer and to access online writing
- descriptions of the consultation formats we offer,
- advice on how to make the most of each format,
- recommendations on the best candidate for each format,
- instructions for scheduling a consultation,
- information regarding our no-show policy
- links to useful websites (such as Purdue OWL, The Little, Brown Handbook,
- The Quick & Dirty Dozen Videos
- additional Dirty Dozen resources
2014 Spring Hours
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Location: Davis Memorial Library, Room 111
Panel Discussion, "Turn Up! Surviving Finals"
This panel discussion will be hosted by the Davis Memorial Library,
Monarch Tutoring and Testing Center, and Writing Center. The panel will
be made up of students, faculty, and support staff who will offer advice
on getting through finals week. Come with questions!
Apr. 23, 2014 3 - 4 pm
Davis Memorial Library
The Art of Revision
We'll have a Writing Consultant available in Weaver Hall to
help Residence Hall students understand the importance of revision,
identify what to look for, and cultivate best practices for proofreading.
You'll also get an opportunity to work on your individual
writing projects and ask questions. Bring your laptop and your appetite—snacks
will be provided!
Apr. 24, 2014 7:30 - 8 pm