Home » Academics
The Writing Center accepts
walk-ins on a first come, first served basis as consultants are available.
Come to the Writing Center at the top of the hour and let us know you
are hoping to see a consultant. If someone else fails to show up for his
or her appointment, you can claim that slot. However, if everyone who
is scheduled shows up, you will not be seen.
New Walk-in Program!
In partnership with The Monarch Tutoring and Testing Center, we’re now offering STUDENT-CONSULTANT WALK-IN APPOINTMENTS.
Here’s how they work:
- Students are encouraged to sign up for consultations at the Writing Center early in the morning on the day that they wish to be seen by a walk-in student consultant.
- Students then come back at the consultation appointment time and receive a 25-minute consultation; if there’s no other student signed in for the hour’s second 25-minute slot, that student may receive a 50-minute consultation.
- If no students are signed up, the student consultant will be happy to see any student who shows up and needs Writing Center services.
- Professors will receive only an email notification from the student consultant that his or her student received Writing Center walk-in services; there will be no Consultation Summary Sheets as student-clients will be expected to take their own consultation notes.
Additional info you’ll need to know:
- To qualify for this program, student consultants have completed a comprehensive training program and have passed grammar and editing exams.
- We will now have an additional 30 hours per week available to see walk-in student-clients and an additional 12 hours per week for scheduled consultations with our professional consultants.
- Because student-consultants’ schedules may change, a monthly walk-in schedule will be posted at the Writing Center.
2015 Spring Hours
Monday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Wednesday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday After hours (online appointments only) 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Location: Davis Memorial Library, Room 111