This form constitutes an agreement between the client and the Writing Center staff regarding the services provided by the Writing Center. To use our services, clients must agree to these terms. Please read them carefully.
- A primary goal of the Writing Center is to offer Methodist University members an environment in which they can receive expert feedback on, and support for, all their writing projects.
- Writing Center consultants are trained to guide writers through the writing process and to help them plan, organize, revise, and correct their own work. Consultants do not write or edit papers for students.
- Consultants do not assign grades and do not speculate in any way about the grades students might receive.
- Consultants do not discuss instructors or the grading policies of instructors.
- Students are expected to abide by the Methodist University Honor Code, which prohibits cheating (including plagiarism), theft, and academic misrepresentation. A Writing Center consultant who finds a violation of this Honor Code is obligated to report the violation to the Academic Standards Committee.
- Writing consultations are conducted either in-person (Face-to-Face) or remote (Online or eTutoring). Clients can schedule appointments in WCONLINE at http://methodist.mywconline.com. Walk-ins are accepted based on consultant availability.
- Appointments are set in 60-minute increments. Clients may schedule a maximum of two (2) 60-minute consultations per day and a maximum of five (5) 60-minute consultations per week. Please contact a consultant if additional time is needed. Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- For each consultation, the consultant will complete a “Client Report Form” and provide it to the client. If the client is a student, this report is also sent to their instructor unless requested not to.
- Consultations begin on the hour and last up to 45 minutes. Clients are required to be on time for their consultations. If, by five (5) minutes after the hour, a client is not present for an in-person consultation, does not join a scheduled Online consultation, or does not upload a draft for an eTutoring (written) consultation, the appointment will be canceled, and the client will be marked as a “No-Show.”
- CANCELATION POLICY: Clients can cancel an appointment with no penalty as long as the cancelation happens at least one (1) hour prior to the appointment time. Because appointment cancelations affect other clients’ ability to schedule an appointment and utilize the Writing Center’s services, appointments that are not needed should be canceled at least one (1) hour prior to the scheduled start time. If on more than two (2) occasions during a single semester, a client violates the cancelation policy, the client’s account will be locked, and future appointments will be canceled. If the client’s account becomes locked, they can contact the Writing Center’s director to discuss the situation and have their account reinstated at the director’s discretion. Future appointments that have been canceled as a result of violating this policy will need to be rescheduled by the client. The client will have to utilize post-reinstatement appointment availability to schedule those consultations.
- NO-SHOW POLICY: The Writing Center wants to make scheduling appointments as fair as possible for everyone. If a client finds that they may be more than five (5) minutes late for an appointment, the client should call and/or email the consultant to let them know. If the client neither shows up nor contacts their consultant, the client will be marked as a No-Show. As a courtesy, the consultant will attempt to contact and remind the client of their appointment prior to marking the appointment as a No-Show. If the client misses two (2) appointments in this way, the client’s WCONLINE account will be locked, and future appointments will be canceled. If the client’s account becomes locked, the client can contact the Writing Center’s director to discuss the situation and have their account reinstated at the director’s discretion. Future appointments that have been canceled as a result of violating this policy will need to be rescheduled by the client. The client will have to utilize post-reinstatement appointment availability to schedule those consultations.
Once you have read the Writing Center Client Consultation Agreement, you can register for a WCONLINE account at https://methodist.mywconline.com/register.php