Dr. Sue L. Kimball Creative Writing Competition
The Methodist University Writing Center is pleased to announce submissions are open for the newly endowed Dr. Sue L. Kimball Creative Writing Competition. The competition, which is open to all current MU students, is in memory of the late Dr. Kimball, who was a distinguished English professor at Methodist University from 1979 to 1999.
About Dr. Sue L. Kimball
Dr. Sue L. Kimball earned an A.B. degree, summa cum laude, in English at the University of Kentucky, and an M.S. degree in Education at Saint Mary’s College in Leavenworth, Kansas. After a career teaching Middle and High School English, raising seven children, and as a devoted army wife, moving the family every couple of years, she enrolled at the University of Alabama and at age 58 earned her Ph.D. degree in English. Read More about Dr. Kimball.
- Open to all Methodist University students.
- Submission deadline is April 1, 2023.
- Only one entry per student.
- No formerly published work.
- Each entry must have a title.
- Each entry must be the original work of the author.
- All winning entries will be published in Monarch Review.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- All entries must be submitted here.
- Entries MUST be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
- All written creative genres will be accepted.
- Please include name, phone number, and best email to reach you on the submission form.