Accepted Residential Students
Welcome New Monarch!
Thank you for choosing Methodist University. We are looking forward to meeting you and are currently preparing for your arrival.
To accept the Housing Application/Contract, please log in to the myMU Student Portal to the Student Life tab and click the MyHousing Link.
If you have questions regarding campus living, please browse this Web site, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or call us at (910) 630-7370.
Housing & Residence Life Policies & Procedures
- Opposite sex visitation is permitted during hours established by the Student Handbook.
- Residents are expected to remain reasonably quiet at all times.
- No alcoholic beverages can be possessed or consumed in the residence halls.
- Hall or room furniture should not moved or disassembled.
- Candles, incense, fireworks, and weapons are prohibited. Click here for a list of what you can bring for your room.
- No items can be hung from the ceiling of residence hall rooms.
- Please refer to your Student Handbook for a complete listing of policies.
There is a room change period announced at the beginning of Fall and Spring semester. During this period, you must see your residential coordinator (not an RA) to have a room change approved. Other announced room change periods may be held.
Private Rooms/Loss of Roommate/Consolidation
If you choose to move into a completely empty room, you will be charged a private room fee. This fee is listed in the college catalog and is prorated from the date your room change into that room is approved.
If your roommate moves out, you must maintain your room in such a way that another resident can move in at any time. This means that a bed, desk, chair, and closet/wardrobe space must be available at all times. A roommate can be assigned to you at any time. If you refuse to accept a roommate or your room is not ready, you will be charged the private room fee.
If the need arises, you can be asked to move in with another resident who has a vacancy in their room, or have another resident move in with you when you have a vacancy. If you wish to not have a roommate, you must pay the private room fee.
Health & Safety Inspection
All rooms are visually inspected by a resident assistant every two weeks to ensure that all residents are maintaining a healthy and safe environment. Inspection times will be posted at least 24 hours in advance. If your room fails this inspection, you will have 24 hours to correct any deficiencies before a re-inspection.