November 6, 2019
Methodist University is home to a beautiful 6,200-yard, 18-hole golf course and one of the country’s top PGA accredited Golf Management Programs. This is one of the most unique and challenging golf courses in the region. The practice facility at MU has been consistently ranked by the Golf Range Association of American as one of the Top 50 Private Ranges in the country.
MU’s Professional Tennis Management Program is one of only four programs in the U.S. accredited by the Professional Tennis Association (PTA). The new courts at the Gene Clayton Tennis Center were recently featured in Tennis Industry Magazine as a Distinguished Facility of the Year and was ranked one of the top nine hard court facilities in the U.S.
The Board of Visitors Tournament is the once-a-year opportunity for the public to play these distinguished, private tennis courts and golf course. We invite you to spend the day on our beautiful campus with MU students and experience tournaments like none other in our area. Click the thumbnail to at right for the tournament brochure.
Hole sponsorships and tennis player spots are available. For more information call 910.630.7200.
Each team will be made up of three players and one MU student player, plus a personal caddie for each player. This is a walking-only golf tournament.
- 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.: Registration and driving range open
- 10:30 a.m.: Lunch served (please arrive no later than 11:00)
- 11:15 a.m.: Group photo and opening remarks
- 11:30 a.m.: Shotgun start (snacks and drinks provided)
- 4:30 p.m.: Awards presentation and dinner
This fun tennis mixer will include Tennis Poker, where players choose a card from the deck for each game won. Teams will be organized by skill level.
- 8:30 a.m.: Registration, courts open, warm up, lessons available
- 9:15 a.m.: Group photo and opening remarks
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Tennis begins
- 11:30 a.m.: Lunch served on the driving range
- 12:15 p.m.: Awards presentation
Call 910.630.7200 for more information. The registration form is available here.