- Chair: SarahMarie Daughtry, Carolina Therapy Services
- Vice-Chair: Johnny Wilson ’99, Fayetteville Urban Ministry
- Immediate Past Chair: Cal Violette ’84, Participate
- Rick Houp, YMCA of the Sandhills
- Juelle McDonald, Pine Forest High School
- Libby Daniel, Retired
- Jamie Ammons ’17, Systel
- Ryan Aul, Tile, Inc.
- Al Aycock, Corvias
- David Baskett, Castle Uniforms
- Landon Bentham ’08, 10M, Callahan & Rice Insurance
- Summer Berry, TopReps
- Kevin Coleman, Cumberland County Schools
- Bill Drewry, Edward Jones
- Ned Garber, The Rubicon Group
- Mitch Guy, Southern Trust Mortgage
- Gene Hallock ’98, Department of Public Safety
- David Helms, Lancaster Helms & Player Real Estate
- Tara Hinton, ServiceSource
- Brad Hurley, Brad Hurley Insurance
- Chip Lewis, Lewis Family Dentistry
- Mike Lynch, Airborne & Special Ops. Museum Foundation
- Shannon Lynch, Womack Army Medical Center
- Zan Monroe, Fayetteville Regional Assoc. of Realtors
- Kelly Myers, Rhudy’s
- Ashley Owen, Cape Fear Regional Theatre
- Tiffany Pennink, Coldwell Banker Advantage
- Ben Pham, Select Bank
- Richard Player III ’91, Player, Inc.
- Alan Porter, Strategic Wealth Strategies
- Kelsey Puryear, CMG Marketing and Events
- Ray Quesnel, Fayetteville Academy
- Greg Reames, Wells Fargo
- Cynthia Robinson, First Bank
- Rishi Shah, Grant Murray Real Estate
- Jan Spell, Spell Land Development
- Nicole Stiff, PWC
- Amy Tart, BB&T
- Ashley Thompson, Pressed
- Micah Vugrinec ’07, Highland Country Club
- Max Weinstein, Raymond James
- Luke Wheeler, Holmes Security Systems
- Greg Whitley, MacRae Perry & MacRae
Mission of the Board
- To serve as an advisory council to the faculty, staff, president and Board of Trustees.
- To be informed citizens about the structure and operations of the University and to serve as goodwill ambassadors for the University in the community.
- To assist the University in developing financial resources through both identification and introduction of friends of the University.
- To assist in identifying and recruiting students in specific geographical areas.
- To provide the University with lecturers, community symposia, presentations, and/or demonstrations in various fields of expertise.
- To provide advice for and assistance in enhancing the image and credibility of the University among a broader constituency
2019 Board of Visitors Tennis and Walking Golf Tournament
Methodist University is home to a beautiful 6,200-yard, 18-hole golf course and one of the country’s top PGA accredited Golf Management Programs. This is one of the most unique and challenging golf courses in the region. The practice facility at MU has been consistently ranked by the Golf Range Association of American as one of the Top 50 Private Ranges in the country.
MU’s Professional Tennis Management Program is one of only four programs in the U.S. accredited by the Professional Tennis Association (PTA). The new courts at the Gene Clayton Tennis Center were recently featured in Tennis Industry Magazine as a Distinguished Facility of the Year and was ranked one of the top nine hard court facilities in the U.S.
The Board of Visitors Tournament is the once-a-year opportunity for the public to play these distinguished, private tennis courts and golf course. We invite you to spend the day on our beautiful campus with MU students and experience tournaments like none other in our area.
The 2019 tournaments will be played on November 6, 2019. Click here to register.
For more information, contact
Methodist University Advancement Office
5400 Ramsey Street
Fayetteville, NC 28311
Phone: 910.630.7200 Fax: 910.630.7683