Active Duty students, Guardsmen and Reservists receive discounted tuition in our MU at Night program of $250 per semester hour. This rate is extended to evening, online, weekend and summer school classes.
Registering for Tuition Assistance on GoArmyEd
Please follow below steps to register for tuition assistance in the GoArmyEd Portal:
- Log into www.goarmyed.com. If you do not know your username and/or password click on forgot username/password and request that the information be emailed to your AKO account.
- Click on Request TA at the top left hand corner of the screen.
- If this is your first time using GoArmyEd you will need to complete a common application before requesting TA if not then go to step 4. When completing the common application be sure to click save and then submit.
- Verify your address and contact information if prompted.
- On the search page, click on advanced search.
- Choose the correct term. (ie: January- March)
- Choose Methodist from the drop down box for school.
- Type the course prefix into the empty space beside “course subject”. Do not click on the select subject button. (ie: prefix for BIO 1530 is BIO)
- Type the course number under “catalog number” (i.e.: course number of BIO 1530 is 1530).
- Click the green search button at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down the results page until you find the correct section of the course. Click on Request TA/ Enroll in course. This is the button on the bottom right of the page just below the course information.
- Once you receive the message “Success,” you have successfully enrolled in the course.
- If you receive the message “you must pay,” contact the Fort Bragg Office at (910) 436-3624.
Note: If you do not see a box to the right of the course information that says “Request TA” then your GoArmyEd account might be on hold. Refer back to the home page for the hold reason.
If your course or the appropriate section of your course does not appear in the results page of your search contact the Fort Bragg office at (910) 436-3624.
The MU Match Military Appreciation Scholarship
The MU Match Military Appreciation Scholarship is a scholarship offered to Active Duty military students attending our undergraduate evening program who have used all of their tuition assistance (16 semester hours) with Methodist University during the fiscal year and are in need of financial assistance to attend additional classes. Active Duty service members are eligible to receive up to nine semester hours (no more than one course per semester) while attending MU.
- Must currently be serving in the armed services. Student may be on Active Duty, in the National Guard or in the Reserves. We reserve the right to request proof of military status.
- Must have exhausted all Military Tuition Assistance with Methodist University for the fiscal year in which the scholarship is being awarded. The fiscal year is defined as 1 October through 30 September.
- Must demonstrate a tuition need. All students requesting the MU match scholarship must have a current FAFSA on file with Methodist University to determine financial aid eligibility. Students can complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If students are eligible for grants and other scholarships these grants and scholarships will be applied to the student’s account before the student will be considered for the MU match scholarship. In order to receive other grants and/or scholarships and the MU match scholarship in the same semester, students must have outstanding tuition charges for the current semester after all other grants and scholarships are applied. MU match will not be applied to cover balances from previous semesters and can only be applied to cover the cost of tuition.
- Students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by Higher Education Act.
- Students must be officially accepted to Methodist University and have a complete admission file. Students who have not completed all of their admission requirements are not eligible to receive the scholarship.
Students who meet these eligibility requirements should contact the Fort Bragg Office prior to the semester in which the MU Match Military Appreciation Scholarship will be needed.