Academic Advising – Academic Advisors are students’ main points of contact for questions about course schedules and progress to degree. Students can locate academic advisor information by accessing the “Advising” tab on the myMU portal. Scroll down to the “Advisor Information” section. In this section, the Advisor Name, Advisor Type. Students will also see the chair of their department listed as a resource. and Advisor Email Address are displayed.
Accessibility & Disability Services
The Office of Accessibility & Disability Services remains committed to providing services to our students with diagnosed disabilities to provide equal access to education.
Mr. Jamaal Doran is our Disability Services Coordinator. His office is in Pearce Hall, suite 102.
The Writing Center
The Writing Center offers writing support and coaching to individuals and groups, and to faculty and staff as well as students. Students can schedule their consultations at https://methodist.mywconline.com/index.php?.
Contact: Rebecca King, Director, Writing Center, email@example.com
The Monarch Tutoring & Testing Center
Location: Davis Memorial Library
Tutoring Hours: Monday –Thursday 1 p.m. -9 p.m.
Walk-in Tutoring: No appointment necessary
Center for Student Success & Student Solutions
The Center for Student Success and Student Solutions ensures that students are successful on their MU Journeys. We serve as a gateway for students to find answers to any questions they have.
Davis Memorial Library
Davis Memorial Library has a full range of services that are available to Methodist University students. This includes access to Davis Memorial Library’s Online Catalog and LibGuides, collections of digital resources grouped by subject. You can also browse Digital Resources A-Z.
Canvas and IT Support & Resources
- If you need help with Canvas password resets, login issues, or course(s) not appearing in Canvas, contact the MU Help Desk at (910) 630-7020 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and student ID number.
- If you would like to know more about using Canvas, visit the Canvas Student Guide or the Canvas Student Video Guide
- If you are having problems getting your browser to load Canvas information, check the Canvas browser and computer specifications page.
Note: If you are using the Canvas Student app, please review the following Canvas Student Guides for additional support:
- How do I use the Student app on my iOS device?
- How do I use the Canvas Student app on my Android device?
If you live in the Fayetteville area, you can visit the Methodist University Book Store, located in the Berns Student Center, to purchase your books. However, you may also order textbooks from the Methodist University Book Store online. If you have any questions, call the book store at (910) 630-7227.