Academic Advising – Your Academic Advisor is your main point of contact for questions about your course schedules and your progress to degree. Students can locate academic advisor information by accessing the “Advising” tab on the myMU portal. Scroll down to the “Advisor Information” section. In this section, the Advisor Name, Advisor Type (Temporary, Major, Exploratory, MAAP), and Advisor Email Address are displayed.
Accessibility & Disability Services
The Office of Accessibility & Disability Services remains committed to providing services to our students with diagnosed disabilities to provide equal access to education. Due to the need to ensure that students are practicing social distancing and that our office continues to provide quality service and operation, please note the following operational changes:
Meetings — appointment only
- Accessibility & Disability Services encourages students to schedule virtual meetings (chat, email, phone, zoom) when possible
- Face-to-face meetings will be offered when possible and appropriate by appointment only
- Intake/medical documentation/appointment requests should be emailed directly to: email@example.com
- Students should request accommodation forms via email or phone call
- Students must schedule and reserve a proctoring appointment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Davis Memorial Library
Davis Memorial Library has a full range of services that are available to Methodist University students. This includes access to Davis Memorial Library’s Online Catalog and LibGuides, collections of digital resources grouped by subject. You can also browse Digital Resources A-Z.
The Writing Center
The Writing Center offers support and coaching to individuals and groups, and to faculty and staff as well as students. All writing consultations are conducted online, either in live teleconferences or telephone conversations, or with written feedback. Requests for in-person consultations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Students can schedule their consultations at https://methodist.mywconline.com/index.php?.
Contact: Rebecca King, Director, email@example.com
The Monarch Tutoring & Testing Center
The Monarch Tutoring & Testing Center will use Zoom sessions for the majority of tutoring appointments, study groups, test reviews, success coaching and study skills.
A limited number of in-person sessions, with appropriate social distancing and wearing of face coverings, will be available by appointment.
Contact: Quincy Malloy, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Student Success & Student Solutions
The Center for Student Success and Student Solutions ensures that students are successful on their MU Journeys. We serve as a gateway for students to find answers to any questions they have.
Canvas and IT Support & Resources
- If you need help with Canvas password resets, login issues, or course(s) not appearing in Canvas, contact the MU Help Desk at (910) 630-7020 or email@example.com. Please include your name and student ID number.
- If you need help with a specific Canvas issue or question, contact Bruce Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org ). If possible, include information on what you were trying to do, what class it was in, what browser you were using, and a copy of the screen shot(s) or error messages(s) if at all possible. Also be sure to include your name and student ID number.
- If you would like to know more about using Canvas, visit the Canvas Student Guide or the Canvas Student Video Guide
- If you are having problems getting your browser to load Canvas information, check the Canvas browser and computer specifications page.
Note: If you are using the Canvas Student app, please review the following Canvas Student Guides for additional support:
- How do I use the Student app on my iOS device?
- How do I use the Canvas Student app on my Android device?
If you live in the Fayetteville area, you can visit the Methodist University Book Store, located in the Berns Student Center, to purchase your books. However, you may also order textbooks from the Methodist University Book Store online. If you have any questions, call the book store at (910) 630-7227.
Career Services provides career services and resources to all students and alumni from the first year of college to graduation and beyond. The Career Services staff guides and instructs students and alumni in the development of the skills necessary to obtain employment and work satisfaction, to succeed in a diverse and rapidly changing workforce, and to manage their life-long career strategies.
Contact: (910) 630-7333