Students are requested to leave the residence halls 24-hours after their last exam. All students must be checked out of the residence halls by 5:00 p.m. on the Saturday of Graduation
The following must be completed BEFORE you check out:
- Room has been cleared of belongings
- Surfaces have been dusted and cleaned
- Bathroom (as applicable) has been cleaned
- All trash has been taken out
- All windows are closed and locked
- All blinds are down and closed
- Thermostat is on low
- All lights and water are turned off
- All furniture returned to the room and placed as it was at move in
You MUST sign up for a check-out time with your RA. Schedules will be posted on RA doors. You need to plan ahead and schedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance. When it is time for your appointment, you must be finished and ready to leave the building, as you will not be allowed back into your room after your check-out appointment. Failure to keep your appointment or be ready on time could result in disciplinary fines.
Plan ahead! Start cleaning your room early so you will be ready for inspection during your appointment. Until the check-out procedure has been properly completed, charges will continue to incur and the resident is still responsible for the condition of his/her room and payment of his/her room and board.
Trash and other unwanted items must be taken to the trash dumpster outside or may be donated to Don’t Dump; Donate! DO NOT leave items in the halls or any other community areas. This includes any unwanted furniture, cinder blocks, boards, carpets, etc.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact your Resident Assistant or Residential Coordinator for assistance.
Charges and Fees:
- Trash Removal: $50.00
- Lost Keys: $60.00 ($120.00 for Apartments)
- Failure to check-out properly: $100.00