March 20, 2020
In conjunction with President Wearden’s recent announcement, Methodist University is requiring all students to move out of their residential communities by March 23, 2020 at 5 pm and to finish their classes remotely for the rest of the semester.
Check-Out Sign Up
Please complete this form: https://forms.gle/3RRQ4gxKWzdVFGVZ9
If you are currently on-campus, you may begin moving out immediately.
- All other students must sign-up for a check-out time, above. This process allows us to manage the number of students in the hall and to practice social distancing.
- All students are expected to move out by March 23. After March 23, check out reservations are only offered for extenuating circumstances.
- To check out, remove all personal belongings from your room, ask an RA to inspect your room and return your key.
- Bring your own packing and moving supplies.
Mail & Packages
- Clean out your mailbox.
- Update any addresses you use for packages or other important mail as delivery will cease.
Extenuating Circumstance Housing Request Form
Students who have no other housing option must complete this form https://forms.gle/sBpTpnmFjc6GSJ5i7 by Saturday, March 21 at 3:00 PM. The Dean of Students Office will review requests at that time and either approve or deny requests for housing for the remainder of the semester by 9:00 PM on Saturday, March 21. Students who are approved to remain on campus past March 23 may be asked to relocate in order to consolidate residential communities and to provide more adequate conditions for social distancing.
Additionally, please be advised that for students who will remain in campus housing:
- No equipment check-outs will be available, including kitchen equipment.
- Lobbies will not be open and there will not be residence hall programming.
- No non-Methodist University guests will be permitted.
- All University policies and procedures will remain in place.
For Additional Information
Please continue to monitor University emails, website, and social media for the latest developments. Housing specific questions should be directed to the Housing Office at 910.630.7370. Given the circumstances, our ability to respond via phone may take longer.
We wish you continued success this semester.
William H. Walker, Ed.D., Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students