Davis Memorial Library, along with the Writing Center and the Tutoring Center, continues to serve you during these unprecedented times. In order to provide library services while also safeguarding our patrons’ health, the following policies and procedures have been established:
- Access to the library is restricted to current MU students, staff, and faculty.
- No one should enter the library who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or any other communicable condition.
- The doors facing the Trustees’ Building are entrance-only; the doors facing the Bell Tower are exit-only.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Only two people are allowed at a time in a group study room.
- Furniture has been arranged to ensure social distancing. Do not rearrange tables or chairs.
Research and Reference Services
- The library stacks (book collections) are still open for browsing. Please use the self-service checkout station at the Information Desk (near the Bell Tower exit).
- Laptop computers may still be borrowed for use in the library.
- Research help will be provided via phone, email, or teleconference. Any consultations which need to be conducted face to face will observe social distancing guidelines.
- Please maintain a distance of six feet when requesting assistance from library staff.
- Library hours have been reduced to allow more time for cleaning. Please check the library website for updates.
- Interlibrary loan services will continue to be offered.
- Remote research access for databases: https://libguides.methodist.edu/az.php
Library Instruction Classes
- All Library Competency classes will be conducted online.
- Subject-specific classes will still be offered. These may be held face-to-face or online, as determined by the librarian in consultation with the instructor.
If you have any questions about library services, please email email@example.com.
The Writing Center
The Writing Center continues to offer writing support and coaching to individuals and groups, and to faculty and staff as well as students. All writing consultations are conducted online, either in live teleconferences or telephone conversations, or with written feedback. Requests for in-person consultations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Students can schedule their consultations at https://methodist.mywconline.com/index.php?.
The Writing Center staff will be available, with appropriate social distancing, to help students set up their writing consultations and find other resources.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, our dedicated email address for COVID-19 communications.
Tutoring & Testing Center
The Monarch Tutoring & Testing Center will utilize Zoom sessions for the majority of tutoring appointments, study groups, test reviews, success coaching and study skills.
A limited number of in-person sessions, with appropriate social distancing and wearing of face coverings, will be available by appointment.
Please schedule an appointment at least 48 hours in advance by contacting Quincy Malloy, Director at email@example.com.