As we continue to monitor our fully open campus, with in-person classes and activities, we follow CDC, state, and local guidelines, so our protocols could change at a moment’s notice.
Guidelines & Safety Protocols
The following are in place for all on-campus students, faculty, and staff:
- The COVID vaccine is no longer mandatory for MU students, faculty or staff. Lifting this requirement in no way lessons our resolve to be as safe as we can while being as fully open as we can on this campus. We remain vigilant and continue to highly recommend COVID vaccination as the optimal way to avoid getting this disease. Please visit the Vaccination Recommendations page for how to upload/present your information and more.
- While wearing a mask when around others and obtaining a booster shot are still our best protection against the spread and/or severity of COVID-19 cases – and thus highly recommended – both are optional (whether indoors or out). When wearing a mask, the N95, KN95, or KN94 masks are strongly recommended.
- Spectators are welcome at all MU Athletics events and masks are optional.
- Overnight guests are allowed on campus.
- At this time, testing is not mandatory for anyone on campus. See specific instructions if you were exposed to someone with COVID-19 and are showing symptoms.
- All students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to take a few moments each morning for daily health monitoring on the MU Green Screen app.
- When possible, it is still encouraged to schedule events outdoors instead of indoors.
- Dining Services will announce and adjust its protocols as necessary.
- Extensive detail for staying safe (including washing hands frequently and additional hygiene instruction) is available at Health & Wellness Information.
Please note that under guidance from the CDC, state, and local health authorities, all safety guidelines could change at a moment’s notice.
Tests, Vaccinations & Boosters
Students, faculty, staff should visit the Testing page on this site for information on when to test, where to get tested, and how to obtain at-home tests.
Vaccinations & Boosters (Optional)
Reporting vaccination and booster status is not required at this time. It is highly recommended to report vaccination and booster status as it provides Methodist University with valuable information concerning the community as a whole.
Students may sign into their myMU Portal and then click this proof of vaccination link. Faculty and staff may use Paycom (under Documents) to upload documentation, present their physical documents to HR, or email them to email@example.com.
Whom to Contact with Questions
- COVID-19 Response Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Health Services (email@example.com)
- Human Resources for Staff/Faculty (firstname.lastname@example.org)