The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal employers with students and recent graduates with disabilities for the opportunity for summer internships and full-time positions. Military veterans with a disability level of 30% or more are also eligible to participate in this program.
To participate in WRP, applicants must:
- Be eligible for hiring under the Schedule A Hiring Authority
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a current-full-time degree-seeking, post-secondary student
- Students may also participate if:
- They meet all other program requirements but are taking a reduced course load due to a disability
- They meet the preceding requirements while enrolled, but have graduated in the past year
The WRP Process:
- Student registration is open from late August until early October
- Students register online at https://www.wrp.gov/wrp, and then work with their Campus Coordinator to complete their application and required documents
- Students who have completed their application are scheduled for interviews from late October through mid-November
- Students who successfully complete the interview stage will be included in a searchable database that will be available to federal employers for one year.
- Employers will reach out directly to students regarding internship and employment opportunities.
Information will be sent out on campus each fall regarding this program. If you believe that you meet the above criteria and are interested in participating in this program, contact Robin Davenport, Director of Internships and Experiential Learning/WRP Campus Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (910) 630-7279. Additional information on WRP can be found at https://www.wrp.gov/wrp.