What Is Malware?
- Malware (sometimes called spyware) refers to hostile or intrusive software, including computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs.
- It can take the form of executable code, scripts, active content, and other software.
- If enough malware is present on your machine, you may have trouble accessing the internet.
- There are products available, many of which are free, which will help control malware on your machine.
We Recommend the Following Free Programs:
Tips to Avoid Malware
- Avoiding spyware takes some discipline and practice.
- When downloading and installing programs (especially free programs) you must read each of the installation screens carefully. Read each screen as it is presented and uncheck anything you do not specifically want installed during the installation process.
- Additionally, you should only download programs from reputable sites.
- Be careful when clicking links on Facebook and other websites.
- Be careful when clicking links or opening attachments in email.