SummerJam! 2020 has been canceled
Methodist University’s music department is proud to sponsor SummerJam! music camp, now in its 34th year! Our beautiful 617-acre campus is located 5 miles (10 minutes) off I-95 in Fayetteville, N.C., our three-time Hall of Fame All-American City.
SummerJam! is open to all musicians ages 11-18 who want to enhance their musicianship and interact with other student musicians from across the state and region. In order to have the best possible camp experience, instrumental and vocal students need to have had at least one full year of prior instruction or experience in music. Students develop their music skills through large ensemble participation, master classes, lessons, academic classes, and concerts.
Our camp faculty consists primarily of MU music professors with support staff made up of area music teachers and MU music students. Music ensembles make up the main part of the day schedule (Band, Chorus, Orchestra, and Piano) along with additional elective classes. A full list of elective choices and an elective preference sheet will be provided after you are registered and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Evening activities provide our campers with a chance to relax and socialize with their fellow musicians. Each night there is a different free activity leading to the big camp concert event: Here’s a quick look at our evening/concert activities:
- Monday: Pelican Ice Walk
- Tuesday: Movie/Ice Cream Social
- Wednesday: Game/Activities Night
- Thursday: Talent Show
- Friday: Small Ensemble/Elective Concert
- Saturday: Camp concert
The cost for all day campers is $185, which includes daily classes, concerts, insurance, lunch, and a t-shirt. The cost for the residential camp is $385, which includes the day camp items plus a dorm room, dinner on the first day, three meals per day during the week, and breakfast on the last day. Parents and other family members wanting to eat a meal with their campers may do so for a small fee paid at the register in the cafeteria. Private lessons are available at an additional cost of $40 per 45-minute private lesson.
Due Dates for Registration
For a 5 percent convenience fee, parents can register online at https://www.methodist.edu/music/summerjam.
- Non-refundable deposit of $100 to secure place at camp is due by May 29, 2020.
- Day and/or residential payments are due by June 19.
- After June 19, a $25 late registration fee applies. The total cost of day camp will be $210 and total cost of residential camp will be $410.
- June 26 is the final deadline for registration for camp so that we may secure final numbers.
- After June 26, all fees are non-refundable. and are not transferable to other MU camps.
- Fees paid to SummerJam! are not transferable to other MU camps.
SummerJam! Brochure & Registration Form
- SummerJam! Brochure & Registration Form (2020)
- Online registration coming soon!