Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)
About the Online MSN Program
Improve your nursing practice through transformational leadership with the online MSN: Administrative Leadership degree. In this program, you’ll master the principles of evidence-based practice and develop relevant management skills to lead in any health care organization. A BSN degree is required for admission.
Study essential concepts for modern health care administrators, like quality improvement, global health, policy, and health care technology. This 36-credit program is designed to be completed in two years so you can meet your academic goals faster. When you finish your degree, you’ll be ready for the next phase of your nursing career.
The master’s degree program in nursing at Methodist University is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
The Concentration in Administrative Leadership
Our MSN is focused on health care leadership, combining advanced theoretical learning with hands-on practice in the field. Clinical hours are distributed across five courses to offer a breadth of experience. Fully online courses have around 15–25 students, allowing you to make connections and learn from your peers. Nine semester hours of dual credit can also count toward the Graduate Nursing Education Certificate program, giving you the opportunity to earn an additional credential and broaden your skills.
The Administrative Leadership track is the only track offered for the online MSN program at this time and is required.
- NUR 5000 Nursing Theory & Education (3)
- NUR 5200 Data Analysis (Quantitative/Qualitative) (3)
- NUR 5300 Curriculum & Program Development (3)
- NUR 5400 Ethics & Professional Behavior (3)
- NUR 5600 Evidence-Based Practice (3)
- NUR 5700 Quality and Safety in Nursing Practice (3)
- NUR 5800 Advanced Informatics & Healthcare Technologies (3)
- NUR 6000 Nursing Leadership & Advanced Roles in Leadership (100 clinical hours) (3)
- NUR 6200 Health Policy & Economics (3)
- NUR 6400 Population & Global Health (3)
- NUR 6600 Interprofessional Collaboration and Communication in Health Care (100 Clinical hours) (3)
- NUR 6800 Practicum I (Applied Practice Experience – 75 clinical hours) (1.5)
- NUR 6810 Practicum II (Applied Practice Experience – 75 clinical hours) (1.5)
- NUR 6900 Capstone (Integrated Learning Experience – 150 clinical hours) (3)
For More Information and to Apply
Visit the Master of Science in Nursing page on the Methodist University Online microsite.