Thank you for your interest in PGA Golf Management at Methodist University. To ensure a smooth admissions process, please follow the PGA Golf Management admission requirements precisely (listed below).
The PGA Golf Office of Admissions encourages all prospective students to set up individual campus tours and interviews. Scheduling a tour and interviewing with the PGA Golf Management staff will allow you to tour the golf facilities, and talk with our recruiter about what you can expect if you attend Methodist University as a PGA Golf Management student. The Office is open Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm and most Saturdays from 9 am – Noon. The best time to visit and get a true feel for Methodist University is during either the Fall (September – December) or Spring (January – May) semester. However, our office is open and gives tours year round. Please call us at (800) 488-7110 x7278 or (910) 630-7278 or click here to set up a time to visit Methodist University!
To receive additional information about Methodist University, golf teams, and PGA Golf Management, submit this questionnaire.
Applicants applying to PGA Golf Management will be evaluated based on the quality of SAT or ACT scores, Grade Point Average, golf handicap, letters of recommendation and campus visit / interview. PGM applicants must comply with the following policies and procedures:
- Students must be accepted to Methodist University prior to acceptance into PGA Golf Management.
- All applicants must submit a PGA Golf Management Program Application.
- All applicants must submit a Handicap Verification & Recommendation Form with a handicap of twelve (12) or less verified by a United States Golf Association (USGA) handicap, Professional Golfers’ Association of America (PGA) member, high school golf coach or have successfully passed the PGA Playing Ability Test (PAT).
- It is not required but is highly encouraged that applicants make a campus visit / interview, so they can see firsthand what opportunities await in our program.
- Rolling Admission: Applicants wishing to be considered for admissions must have been accepted to the University and have all required materials submitted before admission into the program. Although Methodist University has a rolling deadline, we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible. Once a file is complete, applicants are notified of their acceptance. Once accepted applicants have until *March 1st to reserve a space in the program. A non-refundable PGA Golf Management deposit of five hundred dollars ($500) is required to reserve a space. Applicants not responding by paying the deposit by March 1st will be able to reserve a space in the program on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Note: Students who wish to do so may request, in writing, an extension of PGA Golf Management deposit until May 1. However, students requesting an extension are not guaranteed a space in PGA Golf Management. Deposits paid after March 1 will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.