Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Economics, Management, or Marketing, each with the concentration in PGA Golf Management.
Students wishing to concentrate in PGA Golf Management must choose one of the following majors (click for major requirements):
The PGA Golf Management Concentration consists of 47.5-49 s.h. distributed as follows:
PGA Golf Management Core
- BUS 3750 Human Resource Management (3 s.h.)
- LSS 3000 Principles of Leadership (3 s.h.)
- PGM 2010 Introduction to Golf Management I (3 s.h.)
- PGM 2020 Teaching & Coaching I (3 s.h.)
- PGM 3010 Teaching & Coaching II (3 s.h.)
- PGM 3020 Turfgrass Management & Sustainability (3 s.h.)
- PGM 3040 Facility Management I (3 s.h.)
- PGM 4010 Teaching & Coaching III (3 s.h.)
- PGM 4020 Facility Management II (3 s.h.)
- PGM 4850 Facility Management III (3 s.h.)
- PGM 1700 1st Internship – 3 months (1 s.h.)
- PGM 2700 2nd Internship – 3 months (1 s.h.)
- PGM 3700 3rd Internship – 3 or 5 months (1 s.h.)
- PGM 4700 4th Internship – 5 or 7 months (12 s.h.)
- PGM 1950 1st year seminar (0.5 s.h.)
- PGM 1960 1st year seminar Player Development (0.5 s.h.)
- PGM 2950 2nd year Player Development (0.5 s.h.)
- PGM 2960 2nd year Player Development (0.5 s.h.)
- PGM 3950 3rd year Player Development (0.5 s.h.)
- PGM 3960 3rd year Player Development (0.5 s.h.)
- PGM 4950 4th year Player Development (0.5 s.h.)
- PGM 4960 4th year Player Development (0.5 s.h.)
Other Concentration Requirements
Playing Ability Test (PAT)
A requirement of the PGA Golf Management Program is to successfully pass the Playing Ability Test. Weather permitting each student must attempt the PAT a minimum of two times per academic year until passed. All students must participate in the Player Development Program (PDP) beginning with their first semester on campus until the PAT is successfully passed.
PGA Golf Management Internships
Any student who is ineligible for two (2) internships due to academics or other reasons will be dismissed from the program unless permission is granted by the Director of the Program. A student will not be allowed to attempt more than ten (10) months of internship at the end of his/her senior year.
Successful completion of the PGA Golf Management at Methodist University by a student will not automatically result in membership in the PGA of America. Membership requirements of the PGA of America may change during a PGA student’s tenure. A student will be required to fulfill all membership requirements as they now exist or as they may be amended in the future to be eligible for PGA membership. The PGA of America requires its members to be either United States citizens or resident aliens. Methodist University does not actively recruit students who are not eligible for PGA membership.