Name: Will Walker
Class year: Spring 2021
Major: Sport Management
Hobbies: MU Baseball
- What do you love most about MU?
The experience. MU is like having a second family. We may not know all of the people on campus, but we see many of the same people every day and it is a great community.
- What drew you to the Sport Management field?
Reeves School of Business. I was able to interact with some professors before taking classes with them, so being able to start my network was important to me.
- What’s your favorite place to eat?
Bubba’s 33 here in Fayetteville is a great place to eat. My friends and I like to go there for their chicken wings.
- What is your favorite sport, and why do you love it?
Baseball. I have played it ever since I was 3 or 4 years old. I love it because it is a great game with a lot of strategy and is exciting. It has taught me a lot of lessons over the years, including how to deal with failure.
- If you could work for any sports franchise after graduation which would it be?
The Atlanta Braves, my favorite MLB team.
- If you could star in a former Hollywood blockbuster, what role would you play?
I would want to be one of the Avengers like Thor or Captain America because they are fearless leaders, which I hope to be one day.
- Where are your favorite places to visit on campus?
The baseball field, the Cape Fear River at the back of campus, the trail near the river, and probably the Quad because there is a lot that goes on there.
- Tell us about a play or music event you attended at MU?
I attended a music concert when Matthews Ministry Center first opened, and it was awesome to see the work that happened there and to see a different side of campus than the Business School.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where and why?
Somewhere at the beach here in North Carolina so I can stay close to my family.
- What advice would you give to an incoming freshman at MU?
Get involved! There are so many opportunities to get involved, and there is plenty of time for all of them. Getting involved creates a network for you to develop and can help you in the future. I know I have created a great relationship with our Athletic Administration and I am very grateful for that