At Methodist University, primary prevention is our highest goal when addressing sexual violence. This means that we offer educational programs and support services that challenge the beliefs, biases, and behaviors that perpetuate sexual violence. On Methodist University’s campus, faculty, staff, and students are working together to create a climate in which sexual violence is impermissible and speaking out against sexual violence is the norm.
When sexual violence does occur, however, we are dedicated to responding in a timely and sensitive manner, ensuring that all involved are aware of the resources available on campus.
This site is designed to:
- Connect those who have experienced sexual violence to the support resources and reporting resources they need
- Inform Methodist University faculty, staff, and students about how sexual violence is defined and addressed on campus
- Help Methodist University community members to be positive support people and active bystanders
Please use the information provided here to help yourself, help a friend, and help make Methodist University a safe space for everyone.
Methodist University’s complete Sexual Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Violence and Title IX Policy is in the Student Handbook.
Information about Methodist University Sexual Violence Investigation and Adjudication Model is in the Student Handbook.
Methodist University is an institutional member of the Student Conduct Institute of the State University of New York, which provides training for staff.
Methodist University SCI-Certified Staff
- Dr. Todd Harris, Senior Associate Dean of Students
- DeeDee Jarman, Deputy Athletic Director
- Debra Yeatts, Title IX Coordinator
Campus Resources Available:
Confidential Resources Available: