Teaching & Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) at Methodist University strives to encourage, support, and promote excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarly activities throughout the university.
- Serve as a central location for faculty professional development in the area of pedagogy.
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning through faculty-led workshops on topics identified by our faculty
- Demonstrate and promote effective instructional strategies and technologies
- Provide coaching workshops designed to improve student success and retention
- Promote teaching as a scholarly activity and encourage interdisciplinary dialogue surrounding teaching and learning
- Recognize and celebrate the pedagogical and research accomplishments of our faculty.
TLC is a department within Academic Affairs and reports to the Associate Vice President, Dr. Beth Carter.