The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) at Methodist University strives to encourage, support, and promote excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarly activities throughout the university.
- Serve as a central location for faculty professional development in the area of pedagogy.
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning through faculty-led workshops on topics identified by our faculty
- Demonstrate and promote effective instructional strategies and technologies
- Provide coaching workshops designed to improve student success and retention
- Promote teaching as a scholarly activity and encourage interdisciplinary dialogue surrounding teaching and learning
- Recognize and celebrate the pedagogical and research accomplishments of our faculty.
TLC is a department within Academic Affairs and reports to the Associate Vice President, Dr. Beth Carter.
TLC Faculty Forum
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) has created a Faculty Forum in Blackboard to provide all faculty with the opportunity to communicate with one another. To access the Faculty Forum, go to Quick Links, select Blackboard, and log in using your username and password. Once you have logged into Blackboard, you will find the Teaching and Learning Center Faculty Forum under My Courses. When you have questions or want to share resources or best practices with your colleagues, visit the TLC Faculty Forum.