The mission of the University Relations team at Methodist University is to, with creativity; accessibility; efficiency; and cooperation, create a cohesive, mutually beneficial bond between Methodist University and its constituencies and to provide the general public and media with accurate information concerning the University.
What We Do
News and Public Relations
The Office of University Relations is the media and public relations arm of the University. This is a brief sample of what we do:
- Speaking on behalf of the University
- Coordinating media access to campus
- Writing news releases and feature stories
- Publishing a semi-annual magazine, MU Today
- Maintaining a Public Events Calendar
- Photographing the latest University events
- Designing and maintaining the University Web site
- Administering the official MU Facebook Page and coordinating other University social media efforts
The Office of University Relations also houses the spokesperson and Public Information Officer (PIO) for the University.
Marketing the University
The Office of University Relations is the chief agency responsible for marketing the University. In addition to the marketing aspects of the functions listed above, our office promotes the university by:
- Designing and placing advertisements in a variety of media outlets
- Publishing an Identity Standards Manual that serves as a style guide for all institutional publications
- Publishing a How to Complete a Marketing Project guide to assist clients with the procedure for successfully completing marketing projects
- Designing, proofreading and reviewing institutional publications before going to press to ensure they best represent the University
Housed in the Office of University Relations, Monarch Press produces a diverse group of institutional publications. Among these are marketing pieces, such as brochures, booklets, and fliers, while other printing is for institutional support, such as letterhead, business cards, and envelopes.
Forms for requesting printing, business cards, and supplies are found in the back of the Identity Standards Manual.
- MU PowerPoint Template A (Standard)
- MU PowerPoint Template B (Standard)
- MU PowerPoint Template B (Widescreen)
- MU Syllabus Template (Portrait)
- MU Syllabus Template (Landscape)
- MU eBook Template (Portrait)
- MU eBook Template (Landscape)
Bored with your Zoom background? Click these photos to download and open your Zoom. Under “preferences,” click “Virtual Background.” Click the + icon to upload. Now you can show off your school spirit in your virtual classroom!
Graphics for GroupWise Email Signatures (PC Users Only)
Users can right-click each image below and choose “Save Image/Picture as…” to save the graphic to your computer.
Methodist University Academic Logo, One Color (Green)
Methodist University Academic Logo, Two Colors (Green & Gold)
Methodist University Athletics Logo
Social Media Icons