This form constitutes an agreement between the student and the Writing Center staff regarding the services provided by the Writing Center. In order to use our services, students must agree to these terms. Please read them carefully. [A link to the WC Online registration page can be found below.]
- A primary goal of the Writing Center is to offer Methodist University students a safe, comfortable environment in which they can receive expert feedback on, and support for, all their academic writing.
- Writing Center consultants are trained to guide student writers through the writing process and to help them plan, organize, revise and correct their own work. Consultants do not write or edit papers for students.
- Consultants do not assign grades and do not speculate in any way about the grades students might receive.
- Consultants do not discuss instructors or the grading policies of instructors.
- Students are expected to abide by the Methodist University Honor Code, which prohibits cheating (including plagiarism), theft, and academic misrepresentation. A Writing Center consultant who finds a violation of this Honor Code is obligated to report the violation to the Academic Standards Committee.
- All writing consultations are remote—either online or in writing—at present, and students must schedule appointments in WC Online: http://methodist.mywconline.com.
- Students are allowed five scheduled consultations per week. A student who needs more than five consultation-hours in a given week can contact the Writing Center for additional time (email@example.com).
- For each consultation, the consultant will complete a “Client Report Form” and provide it to the student and his or her instructor.
- Consultations begin on the hour and last 45 minutes. Students are required to be on time for their consultations. If, by 15 minutes after the hour, a student does not join a scheduled Online consultation or upload a draft for an eTutoring (written) consultation, the appointment will be released and the student marked as a “no show.”
- NO SHOW POLICY: To make scheduling appointments as fair as possible for everyone, missed appointments will be considered “no shows.” Upon receiving two “no shows” in a semester, a student will lose all future appointments and will be prohibited from making appointments for the remainder of the semester. The student may contact the Writing Center to ask for reinstatement of his or her WC Online account privileges. Students can cancel an appointment with no penalty at any time prior to the appointment time by logging in to WC Online, opening the appointment, and clicking CANCEL.
Once you’ve read the WC Student Consultation Agreement, you can register for a WC Online account at https://methodist.mywconline.com/register.php .