Start the next journey of your education experience by becoming a Monarch. Any student applying for admission as a freshman must be a graduate of an accredited high school, graduate of a state-approved homeschool, or hold a high school equivalency diploma. They must also have at least 16 units of high school credit including four units of English. It is also recommended that applicants have three units of mathematics, two units of science, two units of history, and two units of foreign language. The following areas are considered when reviewing freshman application:
- Cumulative GPA
- High school course selection
- Standardized test scores (optional – see below)
- Class rank
- Extracurricular involvement
- Teacher or personal recommendations
All prospective student files are reviewed on an individual basis and admission is offered to those students who, in the professional judgment of the Admissions Staff and the University faculty, appear to be prepared academically for success at the University. This decision involves careful weighing of all criteria listed above.
Freshman Admissions File
A complete freshman admissions file includes:
- Completed application for admission
- Official high school transcript or high school equivalency results. If the student attended a high school outside of the U.S. or a U.S. territory, the transcript must be translated and evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services member. High school transcripts can be evaluated on a general equivalency basis.
- SAT or ACT scores (optional – see below)
- $50 application fee (application fee waived for online applicants)
Test Optional Policy
Methodist University is test-optional in our admissions policy for incoming freshmen with a core high school GPA and curriculum which meets standards set forth by the Office of Admissions. The Core GPA is calculated using high school English, math (above Algebra I or equivalent,) science, social science and foreign language courses. Selective academic scholarships require submission of either SAT or ACT scores. All admitted students will be considered for scholarships ranging from $11,500 per year up to $20,000 per year without test scores. Students who are admitted test-optional will have the opportunity to be considered for selective scholarships upon submission of test scores. Minimum requirements for our selective scholarships are a 3.00 or higher cumulative weighted GPA and 22 ACT or 1100 SAT.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although Methodist University has a rolling admissions deadline, we encourage students to apply as early as possible. Once a file is complete it is typically read, and students are notified of their status, within seven to fourteen days. We welcome qualified applicants for the fall or spring semester.
Please visit our Forward Together COVID-19 resource site for more information.
- ACT Code: 3127
- SAT Code: 5426
- Title IV Code: 002946