Are you looking to get involved on campus? Are you looking for a way to meet new friends? Do you want to make an impact on your community? Well, look no more, visit the Campus Engagement Office today! We are here to help you find your “one thing”. If it’s an intramural sports team, a fraternity or sorority, or an Academic Honor Society, the Campus Engagement Office is the central gateway for student life involvement outside of the classroom. The great Alexander Astin stated that “Students learn more and more when they are involved in both academic and social aspects of the collegiate experience.”
The mission of the Campus Engagement Office is to provide meaningful, high quality out-of-class opportunities through programs and experiences that foster student leadership and leadership development, participation in student clubs and organizations, assist with the development of a healthy active lifestyle, and create involvement and service opportunities at Methodist University and in the greater community.
What does it mean to “be involved” on campus?
How can the Campus Engagement Office help you?
Here are a few things we can do for you:
- Set you up with an Involvement Counselor to help you find what is the best fit for you
- Provide for you personality strengths test, to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Provide leadership training for all student leaders across campus
- Provide a Student Monthly Newsletter for Involvement, including all campus calendar of events
- Provide for you involvement opportunities throughout on campus and the off campus community
- Provide for you a learning environment outside of the classroom